Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b petition approved(not stamped), h4 stamped, not travelled yet, client changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b petition approved(not stamped), h4 stamped, not travelled yet, client changed

I have a H1B petition approved with client X, however not stamped yet. I am currently in India and have not travelled to US yet. I am now working for client Y, who is giving me opportunity to work in US. Currently H1B visa stamping is not possible as consulate in India is not open yet and my employer is not ready to do NIE. My spouse is currently in US and I already have a H4 visa stamped. Can I travel to US with H4 Visa and can I change my status from H4 to H1 after reaching there with same employer.

Hi,
    If you have H4 visa then Yes. You can surely travel on that visa. But Please make sure, you will need to have NIE approval, in order to travel to the USA.
    But regarding change of status, I am not sure, I can suggest. Since the purpose of travel to the USA to change your status will make some disturbance at the time of CBP verification.
    Thanks

Comment

Thank you rkk09 for your response.. Can I get stamped for client X and can travel when client Y petition is in progress(filed , but not approved) .. Or do I need to get petition approved for client Y and then only can travel.

Comment

Hi,
        Please see my response below.
        Can I get stamped for client X and can travel when client Y petition is in progress(filed , but not approved) ?
        Answer: Since you dont have Job opportunity available with client X now, you can not attend interview with the help of Client X documents. Only way is, you will need to file another petition, get approved, with that get visa stamped.
        do I need to get petition approved for client Y and then only can travel?
        Answer: Yes. You are right.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X