Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Us entry on h4 visa expiring in 3 weeks allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us entry on h4 visa expiring in 3 weeks allowed?

MY H4 VISA STAMPED ON PASSPORT IS EXPRING ON 24 OCTOBER AND I WANT TO ENTER US on 6 october. also i have valid i797 and i 94 valid till 2012.will i be allowed to enter. i have 4 month old son holding US passport also going with me. thanks

You can enter as long as your H4 visa is valid and your spouse has valid H1B petition.
    Are you outside U.S now? If yes, when how come you still have your I-94? Didn't you return it when you left the country?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks for the reply. i am in india , and yes u r right , i gave my i94 before boarding the flight. so u think i will hav no problem in entering US???? SO SO WORRIED

Comment

You will be allowed to enter U.S as long as the visa/petition are valid. The worst case is that you will be given an I-94 only till the visa expiry date. In which case, you will have to file your extension of status immediately upon entering the country.

Originally posted by sehej View Post
        thanks for the reply. i am in india , and yes u r right , i gave my i94 before boarding the flight. so u think i will hav no problem in entering US???? SO SO WORRIED

Comment

H4 Visa Stamp expiring in 2weeks, will my spouse be allowed entry in US?

I currently have a H1 Visa and Petition expiring on Nov 2012, my spouse also has a H4 petition expiring on Nov 2012 , however her Visa stamp has an expiry date of Nov 2010. We plan to travel back to US (we are currently in India) on 18-Oct-2010, please could you let me know if you see any issues happening at port of entry

I am so very worried due to this problem, any help is much appreciated

Comment

No issues. Please scroll down and read my previous answer in this thread. The answer remains the same to your question.

Originally posted by arin16 View Post
            I currently have a H1 Visa and Petition expiring on Nov 2012, my spouse also has a H4 petition expiring on Nov 2012 , however her Visa stamp has an expiry date of Nov 2010. We plan to travel back to US (we are currently in India) on 18-Oct-2010, please could you let me know if you see any issues happening at port of entry

I am so very worried due to this problem, any help is much appreciated

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X