Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer in outside usa and and travel with already existing visa stamp

Hi ,

I was in the USA till 2018 on H1b with Employer A and my extension was denied in 2018 and we didn't refile the extension for some family reasons and I relocated back to India to the same company A. I had I-140 approved in 2017.

In 2020, Employer A again filed h1b extension in the consular process and it was approved till 2023 April. I also went to stamping and got a visa stamp till 2023 April. After visa stamped, my project got scrapped. Employer A got another USA project but no requirement to on-site.

Can I apply for h1b transfer from employer A to employer B in the consular process (I am outside the USA now) and travel to the USA with an existing visa stamp (Employer A consular h1b receipt)?

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    Can I apply for h1b transfer from employer A to employer B in the consular process (I am outside the USA now) and travel to the USA with an existing visa stamp (Employer A consular h1b receipt)?
    Answer: Yes. You can file H1B transfer petition and get approved and now you dont want to go for visa stamping again as you have already stamped visa till 2023. When you travel to the USA, you will need to have recently filed H1B approval documents.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
      Hi,
      Please see my response below.
      Answer: Yes. You can file H1B transfer petition and get approved and now you dont want to go for visa stamping again as you have already stamped visa till 2023. When you travel to the USA, you will need to have recently filed H1B approval documents.
      Thanks
      Thanks. Which docs needed at POE?

Comment

Hi,
        You will need below mentioned documents.
        1. H1B Approval notice
        2. LCA certified copy.
        3. Offer letter
        4. Client/ vendor letters, if any.
        Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X