Regarding H4 dependent having NIE and Covaxin shots done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H4 dependent having NIE and Covaxin shots done

My wife has an H4 approved with an NIE. We need to travel to US by Nov last week.

But unfortunately, my wife is going to take First dose of covaxin shots this week as Covishield requires a gap of 84 days which we do not have. Also exception for getting the second shot of covishield is for employees, students or Olympic players. Though my wife is going as my dependent.

Should she get covaxin shots done as the two doses will get completed within 45 days or should I get covidshield for her as covaxin immigrants may not be allowed to enter the country though she has an NIE. But with covishield, not sure if the government officials will allow a second dose within 45 days.

Hi,
    As per recent news, US will allow only fully vaccinated air travelers. And Government has clarified which vaccines will be accepted. Any vaccine that has been authorised by the World Health Organization (WHO) will be accepted.
    Just for your information, So far, only seven vaccines have been approved for use by the WHO. These include Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson, Oxford-AstraZeneca, Covishield (an Oxford-AstraZeneca formulation) and China's Sinopharm and Sinovac.
    In this list, we dont find Covaxin. But one good news is, The WHO approval for Covaxin is likely to come this month.
    So, lets wait for hoping the best.
    But with covishield, not sure if the government officials will allow a second dose within 45 days?
    Answer: As per my experience, No. You will need to follow exact duration to consider second dose of Covishield.
    Thanks

Comment

Thanks a lot for confirmation.

I just checked with one of the COVID centres and found that folks with valid visa even H4 will be allowed to take the second dose within 45 days and will get the valid COVID certificate as an exception.

Will US goverment have any issue if there is a gap of only 45 days in two covishield shots?

Comment

Hi,
        I just checked with one of the COVID centres and found that folks with valid visa even H4 will be allowed to take the second dose within 45 days and will get the valid COVID certificate as an exception.
        Response:
        Thats great to hear then. Thanks for letting us know this Information. Hope, this will surely help others.

Will US goverment have any issue if there is a gap of only 45 days in two covishield shots?
        Answer: I dont think so, It will create an issue. these durations are only considerable by respective countries. I am sure, they will make sure whether you get two doses not what is the time period between two doses of vaccine.
        All the best.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X