Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying in a hotel during H1B amendment

Hi,

I am in a unique situation and looking for advice.

I am having a change of status from L1B to H1B effective 01-OCT-2021. My L1B was under location A (my current location)and H1B was filed under location B. I am planning to request for an amendment from location B to location A for my H1B so that I can continue in location A. However my amendment filing process can start only on OCT 01 as my employer needs 2 weeks to complete the entire process so it would be filed to USCIS only by OCT-15. For the span OCT-01 to OCT-15 since I will be legally on H1B under location B, I am planning to physically live in that location and come back to location A once the amendment is filed.
    I wanted to know if I can stay in a hotel during this 15 day period and can that be my official residential address for those days? Or should I only take a rental home on a lease. I know this address will go into my salary slip for that period which may get submitted to USCIS during my future extension. I want to make sure that I do not violate anything.

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    I wanted to know if I can stay in a hotel during this 15 day period and can that be my official residential address for those days?
    Answer: Yes. If you stay in the hotel for some days, you can provide the hotel address. But, If this is temporary, you can wait until you get new home then provide. On another hand, if you stay in the hotel for long time, no issues of providing hotel address as living place. Please make note, whenever you have any address change, you will need to file AR 11 form through USCIS portal.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X