L1 to H1 overlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 overlap

Hi, I ran into some difficult situation(i guess).
    I worked for Company A on L1 and transferred to Company B with H1
    1. H1 was approved in 2008
    2. Did leap frog then to avoid complications(thanks to this forum) and continued with company A
    3. Applied for L1 to H1 COS and got it approved in 2010 for Company C

I worked 10 days on L1 after H1 was approved and got paid for those 10 days(have pay stubs), then started working on H1 after that i.e. 10 days after getting approval.

Was that illegal, will I run into any problems in future while applying for H1 transfer/renewal/GC etc..

If yes, are there any options for me now to correct it.

Thank you very much for your help!

Your employment with the L1 employer after the effective date of H1B COS is illegal. But I wouldn't worry much since the duration of that overlap is very less.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        Your employment with the L1 employer after the effective date of H1B COS is illegal. But I wouldn't worry much since the duration of that overlap is very less.
        Hi Team,

I came to US on L1B. I have spent around 4.5 years on L1B, I am on its I-94 validity.

I have my fresh H1B approved yesterday as change of status.

With my H1B - COS approved, can I give a a 3 week notice period to L1B employer? This means that i work on L1B payroll after H1B is approved.

My attorney made ambiguous statement about that (3 week notice period)- can some please confirm?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X