Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 -> H1B Visa Stamping

Hello,

I will be going for H1B visa stamping in Delhi in November'2010.
    I came to US on H4 in March 2009 but then filed for my H1B in April 2009 which got approved (without an RFE) last year in 2009 with the eligibility to work from October 2009.

But I went on leave from october 2009 - December 2009, for personal reasons and did not work on any project for that duration. (Could this create problems during my stamping? )

I started working as Business Analyst in January 2010 (and have project till end of next year -2011) at client location in NY with only a mid-vendor in between.
    i.e.:
    My H1B Holder(Maryland) -> Vendor(NY) -> Client(NY)

My employer (the company who holds my H1B) is not a very big company and is based out of Maryland.

I just want to know if I will face any issues when going for stamping at Delhi Consulate in November 2010.

But I have all my paystubs / weekly reports in place. A little about my background: I have an MBA Finance Post Graduate from India with Computer Science Engineering as my Graduate degree. And before coming to US on H4, I have worked with Wipro, HCL and Sapient in India.

I have the following questions :
    1. I had approved H1B from October 2009 but did not start working until January 2010. Could this be a problem during stamping?
    2. What should I do to ensure smooth stamping of my visa i.e. what all documents should I carry for stamping.
    3. Secondly, since my is a change of status from H4 to H1B can I get my visa stamped from Mexico or Canada?
    4. Is it safer to get it Stamped from Mexico or Canada that Delhi?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated, Really.
    Thanks a lot
    Mili

Hi Mili-
    Ideally there shouldn't be any issue if you have a client letter which shows the hierarchy between your Empoyer and the Client saying all your work is assigned/supervisioned by your employer.

Tx,
    Veeru

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply Veeru. But I cannot stay on bench while on H1B, correct? So wont the period Oct-Dec in 2009 create problems? and because of that I have no W2's also for previous year!

Originally posted by jobetlinfo View Post
      Hi Mili-
      Ideally there shouldn't be any issue if you have a client letter which shows the hierarchy between your Empoyer and the Client saying all your work is assigned/supervisioned by your employer.

Tx,
      Veeru

Comment

Milli,
        I am in the same situation as you,did they asked about the bench period/w2 for that year.
        Please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X