Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa transfer, passport expired

Hi,

I am on H1B through company A. Company B is willing to hire me and transfer my H1B. My H1 visa is valid until 30-Sep-2011. But my passport expired on 8-Sep-2010. I applied for passport renewal on 10-Aug-2010 and received delivery confirmation that the package reached Indian Consulate in New York. I have also sent my current (now expired) original passport along with the pp renewal application.

I did not receive my renewed and old passport till now. I tried to contact the Consulate through all possible ways (phone/email/fax) but there is no response what so ever.

Will I be able to get my H1 transferred to company B in this situation where my passport is expired?

--
    S

I am on H1B through company A. Company B is willing to hire me and transfer my H1B. My H1 visa is valid until 30-Sep-2011. But my passport expired on 8-Sep-2010. I applied for passport renewal on 10-Aug-2010 and received delivery confirmation that the package reached Indian Consulate in New York. I have also sent my current (now expired) original passport along with the pp renewal application.

I did not receive my renewed and old passport till now. I tried to contact the Consulate through all possible ways (phone/email/fax) but there is no response what so ever.

Will I be able to get my H1 transferred to company B in this situation where my passport is expired?

---- Your Passport renewal will take its own course of time. You have to wait for about 3 weeks to get back your Passports (old and new). There is no point in calling the Indian Consulate for this. Be patient, give time and the processing will take place as is being regularly done for everyone

---- If you have applied for a H1 transfer, that is a separate process altogehter and it will have nothing to with the Passport renewal.even if the visa on a Passport has expired.

--- If you have to submit copies of your Passport for the H1 transfer either submit copies of the old Passport (you may have copies with you) or wait for the renewed Passport to come to you (In which case you may have to submit copies of both the Passports to ensure that everything is in order

---- If your visa(s) is/are valid on the old Passport they will not be cancelled and you can use them for your travel. At the POE or POD, show both the Passports to ensure that your travel takes place

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X