Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mistake in DS 160 form

Hi,
    i unknowingly made a mistake in my DS 160 form.i marked 'no' to the question "have you ever visited any other country during the last five years?".i actually had visited canada last year to visit niagara,it was just a pleasure trip for two days.we dint take a flight,we drove there,so i forgot about giving the passport at the border and the stamping.will there be any problem during the visa interview??im going to stamp my h1bvisa extension till 2012.my wife is also with me who is on H4.please advice.anybody with similar experience please share.

Hi,

Since you are coming back for a re-stamping, I would like to give you a piece of advice as most cases for restamping ( in all consulates in india since July 2010) are having to go through the route of '221g'. This means that you will not be asked to submit your passport across the interview counter but wil be asked to submit some docs to the consulate only after which you will be asked to submit your passport.

My suggestion to you would be to come alone to India for the re-stamping an dlet your spouse stay back, in case there is an exceptionally long delay in the process. This would ensure that at least you have an alternative of your spouse packing up and coming back.

I hope that you dont have to go through this process but I am just sharing my experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X