Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping in Hyderabad

Hello everyone,

This forum has been very helpful to me since I started on H1B. So I come back here now with another question:

My three year H1B has expired this month. But I already have an approval for the next three years to 2013. I am planning to go to Hyd in Nov / Dec. The dates are not open yet.

I was looking at the list of documents needed and it simply blew up my head. This is bordering on insanity. Anyway, not in our hands. Here is my question:

Most of the documents listed seem to target consultancy based employment. I am employed directly with a very reputable and very popular university. My employment was never based on consultancy through my career and always directly with large and very high tech companies focussed on high end research.

The university HR personnel looked at the list, took two minutes to recover from shock, and said ... "We never had any issues just because of our work profile. So I am going to present to you a strong letter with the same documentation I provide every time to everyone and it should suffice. I cannot give you everyone's names and salaries and personal info out of privacy issues. If they insist on having these documents, I can send them to the consulate directly than give it to you."

I, of course, agree with him. What do you guys think?

Just to reiterate:
    *) I am not employed with a consultant. I have always been working directly with companies, large ones and reputable research based companies
    *) My employer is a large reputable university
    *) My work is very high end research based position

What your HR mentioned will work. They can directly send the confidential documents to the consulate, if the VO issue you a 221g asking for these details. Unless there is a specific need, they won't ask for these documents when you go for stamping. However, these doucments are nice to have, so that you don't waste time waiting for the employer to respond back to Consulate and consulate to revert back on the 221g.
    Last edited by shervin143; 09-23-2010, 06:21 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X