Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is H4 for Canadian citizen Required?

Hi,
    I'm a H1B holder, my spouse is a Canadian citizen, we live in Quebec, I'm now moving to US on my H1B visa for work, I'm not sure my spouse requires a H4 Visa, Can anyone tell me if we need to apply for H4 visa for my spouse? some people told me since spouse is a Canadian citizen, no need of any visa.

Hi Member,
    If she is going to depend on you then she will need H4 visa status. If she is going to be employed in the USA or visiting then you can go for different options which is favor to Canadians.
    Thanks

Comment

Thank you. She will be dependent. So we will apply for H4. Do we need to apply in consulate? or at port of entry? any idea?

Comment

Canadian citizens do not need a visa to enter the US into most types of nonimmigrant statuses (including H statuses). She would simply travel to any (land or air) US port of entry, and present her Canadian passport and the same documents that one would normally present at a consulate to apply for the corresponding type of visa to be admitted into that status directly. So for H4, she would show up to the US port of entry with her Canadian passport, proof of her spouse's H1b status (i.e. your H1b I-94, unless you are entering together with her in which case it's not necessary), and her marriage certificate, to be admitted into H4 status.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X