Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b and H4 visa fee

Hi,

I am on H1B and I need to get visa stamping, I have paid the visa fees a year ago and got a receipt number, but have not booked the appointment yet. Now I would like to book visa appointment for both me and my fiance, when I go through the visa appointment booking process the receipt number is already populated for both me and fiance, but I only paid visa fees just for one(me). My question is should I just pay the difference or pay the full amount in order to book the appointment? Thanks in advance.

Hi Member,
    Have you added H4 dependent in your account as a family member? If so, you would have paid visa fees for both of you.. If you paid visa fees for both only the receipt will be adjusted to concern person..
    If not and you paid for only one applicant then there might be some technical issues happened. Therefore, you will need to call customer support in order to resolve this issue.
    Thanks

My question is should I just pay the difference or pay the full amount in order to book the appointment?
    Answer: There will not be any difference amount you can pay.. You will need to pay the visa fees freshly for dependent.. But please have a discussion with customer support regarding receipt adjusted for your dependent then proceed ahead accordingly.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I only paid for one applicant (myself) and got the receipt number. When I continue the application it shows the fee for both and also populates the previous receipt number. So I am not sure if I should just pay for the dependent or full fee.

Comment

Hello,

I will be travelling to India in the month of January and have to get my visa stamped to travel back to US. Currently I got the visa interview dates in two different location.
        My VAC appointment is in Kolkata India and Consular appointment is in Chennai India. I have filled in DS160 with Chennai as the location. Will there be an issue with the different location?
        Should I fill in DS160 with Kolkata as location?

My HR mentioned there won't be any issue since consulates maintain shared systems. I don't know how true is that ?

Comment

Hi Member,
          Please see my response below.

My VAC appointment is in Kolkata India and Consular appointment is in Chennai India. I have filled in DS160 with Chennai as the location. Will there be an issue with the different location?
          Answer: No not at all.. If you have not submitted DS 160 then you can edit the location, if you want. But if you already submitted DS 160 with different location and if you are going visa Interview different location then it will not impact.. Please note, DS 160 can be accessed by all embassy/ consulates in India.

Should I fill in DS160 with Kolkata as location?
          Answer: As I mentioned above, It is not required.. You can proceed with the previously filled DS 160.

My HR mentioned there won't be any issue since consulates maintain shared systems. I don't know how true is that ?
          Answer: Yes. This is correct.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by VMM View Post
            Hi,

Thanks for your response. I only paid for one applicant (myself) and got the receipt number. When I continue the application it shows the fee for both and also populates the previous receipt number. So I am not sure if I should just pay for the dependent or full fee.
            Hi Member,
            It might be technical issues, it seems.. Better connect with customer support then move forward.
            All the best.
            Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X