Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India due to emergency

Hello,

Due to a personal emergency (Health conditions of my father), I may have to travel to India for a short visit.

My visa stamp is expired (Also my wife’s and son’s).
    My H1B extension is approved till 2024 labor process just initiated.
    My wife’s & son’s H4 extension is pending (Applied in June 2021).
    Her Perilous H4 extension is valid till Jun 2023 (Also my son’s)
    Everyone is fully vaccinated.
    My daughter is a US citizen.

Please help me with the below questions.

Please let me know with this scenario will I be able to travel to India (with family ) and get the stamping completed and return to US.
    Is it possible to travel to Mexico and get the stamping (Is it advised)?
    Will I be able to visit India keeping my family here? Will this cancel their current H4 process even if I return with in one month

Please help.

Hi Member,

Please see my response below.

Please let me know with this scenario will I be able to travel to India (with family ) and get the stamping completed and return to US.
    Answer: Yes.. You can... Just hold the visa slot then all of your plan can be executed.. I think you will be eligible for Interview waiver. So your process will be smooth to get visa extension stamped.

Answer: Yes. You can consider third country for visa stamping.. But check with concern country US Embassy whether they accept third country nationals visa application or not.. If they accept then you can consider. But you will not be eligible for Interview waiver and need to go for visa Interview.

Will I be able to visit India keeping my family here? Will this cancel their current H4 process even if I return with in one month
    Answer: No. Your travel will not impact H4 pending petition.

All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
      Hi Member,

Please see my response below.

Answer: Yes.. You can... Just hold the visa slot then all of your plan can be executed.. I think you will be eligible for Interview waiver. So your process will be smooth to get visa extension stamped.

Answer: Yes. You can consider third country for visa stamping.. But check with concern country US Embassy whether they accept third country nationals visa application or not.. If they accept then you can consider. But you will not be eligible for Interview waiver and need to go for visa Interview.

Answer: No. Your travel will not impact H4 pending petition.

All the best.
      Thanks
      Thank you for the reply

Comment

Sir, are these rules apply for this year as well? I'm willing to travel a bit for the next month, and I want to be sure that everything will be ok. We are looking to go to Cancun on a short vacation in two weeks. And after that, I would have to go back to India, but my family has to stay here, as my kids cannot miss school on those dates. We are even considering a trip to Rome at the beginning of June. After finding this tour https://www.freetour.com/rome I want to go there as soon as possible. But yeah, I have to make a new visa.
        Last edited by virkce; 04-18-2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X