Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer mentioned wrong address on paycheck

Hi,

My employer has mistakenly mentioned wrong address in my last paycheck of 2021. My work location is different from what was mentioned in my paycheck. I have 2 questions here

1. Will the paycheck be revertible to previous address by my employer? If yes, do I need to submit any proof?
    2. Will the W2 for 2021 generate on the wrong address mentioned by my employer? Will this cause any issue? (I have a H1b extension in mid 2022 and need to apply to it)

Can anyone please help me out here.

Thanks,
    Rahul

Where the paycheck or W2 is mailed has nothing to do with the job location

Comment

Thanks flyingron , but will it cause any issue with the H1B extension that I am planning to apply for within the next 2-3 months. The wrong address mentioned was in a different state i.e. the work location (LCA) is State A and the recent paycheck that generated was State B.

Also is it possible for the employer to revert back the payroll and regenerate it with the old address?

Thanks,
      Rahul

Comment

Is it possible, sure. But again, the addresses on the W2 are immaterial. The Employer's address is where they are sending the W-2's out from and isn't necessarily where you are working.
        The employees address is where you get your mail. The state information reflects what was withheld for state taxes, which depending on the states involved may be the state you're working in, the state you're residing in or both.

The fact is, NOTHING ON THE W-2 MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE with regard to your visa/work authroization. What matters is that you are working for the employee who sponsored the VISA and the work location matches the application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X