Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRV receipt number is same as old receipt numer

Hello,

I am planning to visit india this year and trying to renew the visa. I completed the DS-160 form and login in CGI portal and then paid the visa processing fees through NEFT using HDFC bank on last Saturday and after a few hours, the system enabled the "Use Existing Receipts" options and it shows XXXX as the MRV receipt number. I did not get any email or mobile notification for this.

This receipt number (XXXX) is the same as it was generated for my earlier appointment on February 2018. I had attended the interview along with my family in Feb 2018 and got the visa.

Is it normal that the system generates the same receipt number (even after 3 years) and I can use it for current interview scheduling?

Appreciate any help / feedback on this.

Thank you.

I have been trying to figure out the same thing! Did you get your interview? I am trying to repay my visa fee now because my interview was cancelled and upon reschedule the mrv number is now invalid and no help from us travel docs to reactivate this. So i am thinking of just repaying but the NEFT option shows the same unique account number/Receipt number

Comment

I am also in same boat. Last year my spouse got stamped visa but do to some personal reason she could able to travel visa got expire. Now we are try to get stamp again its showing the same unique account number/ Receipt number

Comment

Originally posted by rupesh31 View Post
        I am also in same boat. Last year my spouse got stamped visa but do to some personal reason she could able to travel visa got expire. Now we are try to get stamp again its showing the same unique account number/ Receipt number
        The Unique account number is tied to ustraveldocs profile. It will always remain same. This is my observation and my experience. In fact the receipt number also remains same.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X