Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Visa Stamping Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have question regarding visa stamping. My wife and my son came to US on F-2 Visa (dependents of me). Later on my wife changed her visa status to F-1 to pursue masters in civil engineering and my son continued on F-2 (my dependent). After completion of M.S, my wife took a job as water resource engineer with State of New Mexico, USA and started working on OPT. Later on she applied for H1-B and she changed her status to H1-B and the status of my son (from F2, dependent of me) to H4 (dependent of my wife). Now both my wife and son wants to go for visa stamping at US consulate, Ottawa, Canada. Is it ok for them to go to Canada for stamping? We are afraid that if visa is denied they have to go back to India. Their legal status in US maintained perfect at all times.

Please advise me.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

It is OK, as long as they have always been in legal status in the U.S.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi-
      But looks like their case comes under Change Of Status and also First time H1B Stamping. I was told by my friends that from 2008 onwards COS/first time stamping are to be done in our home country. Can anyone correct me if this is wrong???
      Even I want to go for stamping in Ottawa (Mine is L1B to H1B)

Thanks,
      Viru

Comment

Advisable to do the first time H1B stamping in your home country unless you have completed your studies in U.S. You can find more info on getting stamping done in Canada / Mexico in the below link.

Originally posted by jobetlinfo View Post
        Hi-
        But looks like their case comes under Change Of Status and also First time H1B Stamping. I was told by my friends that from 2008 onwards COS/first time stamping are to be done in our home country. Can anyone correct me if this is wrong???
        Even I want to go for stamping in Ottawa (Mine is L1B to H1B)

Thanks,
        Viru
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X