Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Renewal

Hi

I have completed my first 3 years of H1B.
    During the seocnd 3 year term in my 5th year, I went to India for a project and was there for more than a year.

Know I am back in US and my h1b ends in next august.

Since I was outside US for an year, Can I reclaim 3 years? Is this applicable and Can i get a new H1B when my employer files it? - this is something I heard that if a person stays outside for an year during their full term, can reclaim all the lapsed H1B

Can any one let me know whether the above statement is true

Thanks
    Srikanth

Total time spent in US in H1 or L1 status should be equal to 6 years. Employers can claim unused time.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for responding

But isnt it true that if a person is outside US for an year he can reclaim all of his H1B period back which is , he is elgible for a fresh H1

Srikanth

Comment

Yes, but new H1 must be filed under new cap if available.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

For that, you should have filed a fresh H1B petition after staying out for 1 year. If you have used the old H1B petition, then only the remaining time on that CAP is available to use.

Originally posted by srikanth5184 View Post
          Hi

Thanks for responding

But isnt it true that if a person is outside US for an year he can reclaim all of his H1B period back which is , he is elgible for a fresh H1

Srikanth
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X