Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A to H1B Transfer

Hello All,

I am currently on L1A in USA. A company is willing to file H1B and says once my project is finalised, they can get H1B approved in 15days by premium processing.

My question is I believe H1B starts only next Oct 2011. So how is this consultancy able to get approval in 15 days? Should I need to wait till Oct for next year quota?

Originally posted by sub1976 View Post
    Hello All,

I am currently on L1A in USA. A company is willing to file H1B and says once my project is finalised, they can get H1B approved in 15days by premium processing.

My question is I believe H1B starts only next Oct 2011. So how is this consultancy able to get approval in 15 days? Should I need to wait till Oct for next year quota?
    One more question:

My wife is on L1B. Her assignment is ending soon. Can she transfer to L2 using COS without travelling to India again? What is the best approach?

Comment

As long as the CAP remains open, then can file the H1B petition. If the CAP gets filled, then you have to wait until April 2011 to file the petition to work on Oct 1st 2011.

Hello All,

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Yes. If a company is filing your H1B, then ask them to file her COS to H4 along with your petition so that she will be in H4 and won't go out of status on L2. H4 should be filed only if she is not going to work on L1B any more.

One more question:

My wife is on L1B. Her assignment is ending soon. Can she transfer to L2 using COS without travelling to India again? What is the best approach?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for your reply.

Comment

Just remember the company is not required to pay for your wife's COS.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X