H1B Stamping- Documents to carry in case of 221g Slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping- Documents to carry in case of 221g Slip

Hi, I see that there are a lot of cases wherein consulate is giving pink/green/yellow/blue slips under 221g. In this case is it advisable to carry all documents - Like W2 slips for all employee, Employer's tax proofs etc with your documents when you go for stamping.
    Has anyone discussed this option with their attorney?
    Pros/ Cons?

Here is the list of documents required for a successful H1B stamping.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks Shervin for the info.

If i carry all these documents and if the consulate doesnt ask for all of them but still gives me a 221g slip, Can i submit the relevant documents there itself ?
      Will they take the slip back and take decision on my case there itself?

Comment

It all depends on your luck.
        If they decide that your case needs administrative processing, you will get the slip even if you have the documents with you at the time of the interview.
        That does not mean you should not carry the documents. Carry all the documents with you, and hope for the best.

Comment

When you go for the interview arrange your documents properly and carry a file which is easy to identify the documents which they are asking for. The time for each interview is very less. If you can provide all the documents that they ask, then there will not be a 221g for the any additional documents and you don't have to submit them via VFS later.

But even if you submit all the doucments, sometimes, they might send your application for further admin processing. Search an read about the experiences posted by other in the forum about their admin process.

Originally posted by aryanverma View Post
          thanks Shervin for the info.

If i carry all these documents and if the consulate doesnt ask for all of them but still gives me a 221g slip, Can i submit the relevant documents there itself ?
          Will they take the slip back and take decision on my case there itself?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot of your replies.

Comment

Pls it's urgent, reply soon.

Hi,

I had interview on 7th feb and finally I am able to convince my employer to submit documents listed in 221g slip.

I do not work with E-V-C model, I am a full time employee of American Product base company from last two years and develop website for diff diff car dealers. We don't have any client or client side. we develop product and sell it.

I would like to know that, in my case what kind of letter I have to submit for this document ?
              • A letter from Client Company sponsoring the project and copy of the contract between the U.S. based petitioner and the client company, stating the timing, terms and agreements for your project.

and what I have to submit in a response of this document ?
              • A letter (on letterhead) from the personal department at the U.S. job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.

My comp owner is not very sure regarding above two documents, as i am the only Indian working with that company so they never had this kind of issue before.

Please waiting for you reply as i am too much tensed...
              Last edited by dipsachoksi2006; 03-05-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X