H1B Transfer Without Stamping or Physical Copy of Approval Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Without Stamping or Physical Copy of Approval Notice

I need some help regarding my H1B transfer. I'm presently employed with Company A in India and they filed a H1B for the FY 10-11. As per the current status on the USCIS website it is approved and i'm awaiting the physical copy of the Approval notice. Now i have got a offer from company B and they are willing to do a H1B transfer of the approved petition. Now my question is that

1. Is it possible to do a H1B transfer without approval notice. I only have the filing receipt number issued by USCIS at the time of filing the visa.

2. Company B is willing to send me on a B1. Will i enjoy any previliges more than H1 while on a B1 though the stay is limited to 90 days.

Thanks

I need some help regarding my H1B transfer. I'm presently employed with Company A in India and they filed a H1B for the FY 10-11. As per the current status on the USCIS website it is approved and i'm awaiting the physical copy of the Approval notice. Now i have got a offer from company B and they are willing to do a H1B transfer of the approved petition. Now my question is that

1. Is it possible to do a H1B transfer without approval notice. I only have the filing receipt number issued by USCIS at the time of filing the visa.

---- You will be needing the approval notice to file for a H1 transfer. If the employer's attorney thinks that a receipt notice is sufficient forr the same then you can proceed with their suggestion. I assume this may be difficult

2. Company B is willing to send me on a B1. Will i enjoy any previliges more than H1 while on a B1 though the stay is limited to 90 days.

---- Going on B1 to the US you will not be able to work and get paid . If you want to work in the US, you have to be on a working visa like a H1 or L1

----- Conveting a B1 to H1 will be next to impossible as that constitutesa breach of trust for the B1 visa agreement

----- It is always wise to get a H1 petition approved and get a H1 visa stamped on your Passport before entering the US. After that you can start working for the employer

Subramanya
    Last edited by Subramanya; 10-21-2010, 09:57 AM. Reason: spellings

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X