Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa dropbox stamping during H1 transfer

Hello,
    I have the following situation. I am currently working for company A and they have filed for extension which got approved from Sep 2022 to Sep 2025. I have my current visa valid till Jan 2023. Since I have travel plan to India I thought of getting a new visa based of my extension and I was able to book a dropbox appointment for Jul 2022 with my current employer details and it’s new extension petition on DS160 hoping to get a new visa valid till Sep 2025.

Meanwhile I got a new job offer from company B with joining date in September and they have started H1 Transfer and I am hoping I will get H1 transfer approved before my my journey date.
    1. So considering that I will have my transfer approved before my journey date, I am very much confused with what petition I should attend the dropbox appointment as during my dropbox time I will still be with my current employer A. So my question can i get the visa based of my current employer itself instead of the new employer, I am worried about the new employer what if he turns back his offer(because of the recent job market trends) after I get the visa stamp based of their new petition.

2. If my transfer is not completed before my journey and If I leave US and I visit H1 drobox appointment based off my current employer. What will the impact of the H1 transfer which is in progress during my H1 stamping and when I i return to US at port of entry. Does USCIS abandoning/rejecting the H1 transfer case impact my H1B profile in future

Sorry for posting 2 questions at the same time as I have been struggling for what my next steps should be.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X