221g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g

Can the 221g's - yellow, green, blue happen to anyone at random. I'm planning a trip and am concerned about getting stuck as my vacation won't be extended and work from home is not an option.

I have been on H1 since 2002 and just got a 3 year extension based on PERM pending and approved I-140.

Please advise.

I have all the Docs EXCEPT:

Petitioner’s Income Tax Return for the last two tax years and
    financial statements.

A notarized list of all the petitioner’s employees of the job site
    listed. The list should show all employees’ names, their specific job
    titles, start and end dates, and their individual salaries and
    immigration status.

State Unemployment Wage Reports, showing all wages paid to each
    employee in the state, for the past three quarters. (This should be
    the actual forms filed to the State authorities listing each employee
    and wages paid during the quarter.)

Can the 221g's - yellow, green, blue happen to anyone at random. I'm planning a trip and am concerned about getting stuck as my vacation won't be extended and work from home is not an option.

I have been on H1 since 2002 and just got a 3 year extension based on PERM pending and approved I-140.

Please advise.

I have all the Docs EXCEPT:

---- Getting a 221g is pretty much normal these days.On a positive side hope you do not get one. Even though you get a 221g you should be able to respond to it n a timely manner and get the visa stamped

Petitioner’s Income Tax Return for the last two tax years and
    financial statements.

---- These documents may be required, but if you want you can wait till the 221g is handed over and then it becomes the responsibility of the employer to provide these documents

A notarized list of all the petitioner’s employees of the job site
    listed. The list should show all employees’ names, their specific job
    titles, start and end dates, and their individual salaries and
    immigration status.

----- If you have these coduments it is better to carry them with you and provide them on request

State Unemployment Wage Reports, showing all wages paid to each
    employee in the state, for the past three quarters. (This should be
    the actual forms filed to the State authorities listing each employee
    and wages paid during the quarter.

----These documents are also equally important and even if you carry them chances are that the VO may not request them and they may ask you to drop them at the VFS office for furtehr processing

----- Apart from giving a 221g, the VO can still do administrative processing on your individual case and ask you to wait for some time before issuing a visa. The time for waiting is only subjective as it can be different with each case and each person of course depending on the outcome at the time of visa interview

---- Keep your options opne and try to have all the documents in hand and provide them on request and go according to the request by the VO either to drop them off or provide immediately on request. What can happen during an interview is best known to you than any body else. EVeryone can give tons of such suggestions but you are the one attending tha visa interview and facing the music

---- Always hope for the best and hope to come out of the Consulate window with a visa. May be in your case the VO will not ask for many documents and everthing should go smoothly
    Subrmanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X