Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 not collected

Hi All,

I had two I94 one that i got when I entered US last year, May 2009, another one that I got when I got my H1 extension in september. While coming to India this August airlines did not the collect the I94 which I got during H1 extension but collected only I94 which was given when I entered US last year May.

I checked this later when I landed in India, I told the Immigration in Mumbai about this and they said its ok.

Now my H1 renewal visa got refused. I am going for L2 on 1st Nov. During the visa interview please let me know If I should inform any of the VFS or the consulate guys about the I94 that i have with me.

Please let me know will this affect my L2 stamping in any way?

Thanks in advance,
    s

I had two I94 one that i got when I entered US last year, May 2009, another one that I got when I got my H1 extension in september. While coming to India this August airlines did not the collect the I94 which I got during H1 extension but collected only I94 which was given when I entered US last year May.

I checked this later when I landed in India, I told the Immigration in Mumbai about this and they said its ok.

Now my H1 renewal visa got refused. I am going for L2 on 1st Nov. During the visa interview please let me know If I should inform any of the VFS or the consulate guys about the I94 that i have with me.

---- The VFS or the US Consulate will have nothing to do with your unreturned I-94. It is your legal stay in the US. When you come back to the US on any visa like H1 or L1 return the I-94 to an address in Kentucky (access the USCIS ebsite for the exact address)

Please let me know will this affect my L2 stamping in any way?

---- It will have nothing to do with your L2 visa stamping in any manner and the VO need not be informed about this issue

Subramanya

Thanks in advance,
    s[/QUOTE]

Comment

It will not matter because both I-94's should have had the same number. But in the future, staple all your I-94's together so that Airlines collect all of them when you leave. Read your approval notice, it clearly states attach the new I-94 to the old one.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for response.

S

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X