Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Fresh Application given Blue form

Hi all,

I attended Visa Interview today at Chennai consulate.The VO gave me a blue slip denoting that "The petition is not currently updated in PIMS database".However,she retained the passport with her.Can anyone clarify what will be the status and how long it will take?

I attended Visa Interview today at Chennai consulate.The VO gave me a blue slip denoting that "The petition is not currently updated in PIMS database".However,she retained the passport with her.Can anyone clarify what will be the status and how long it will take?[/QUOTE]

---- The Consulate will wait for the PIMS database to be updated and once updated, they can verify all the details of your application

---- Once they are clear about the application, they will issue you the visa. since they have retained your Passport they will stampe the visa on your Passport and and mail it to you. It may take acouple of weeks adn you should get your Passport with your visa stamped

---- be patient and relax. All things will work out

Subramanya

Comment

Fresh H1B - PIMS Database

Thanks Subramanya for the info. I have a query, Will this be applicable to fresh H1B application as well? I heard that these kinda delays happen only for extension applications. Please advise.

Comment

Not true. If your approved petition (Irrespective of whether it is new or an extension petition) is not in the PIMS system, the consulate will have to request USCIS to upload it and it will take a week or two.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Fresh H1 B Application given blue Slip as not in PIMs database

Hi Shrevin,

Thanks a ton for the reply..Now I feel positive that i will get my passport stamped...thanks again

Comment

I got the blue form for PIMS verification too

Hi Ishuark, Even I got the blue form for PIMS, I went for stamping on Nov 2nd, did you get your passport yet. If not, can you please drop a note when you get it.

Thanks,
            Kanth

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X