H1B question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B question

I am currently working for Employer A on H1B. Employer B has extended a job offer and filed for my H1B petition. I have the following questions and appreciate your answers

1. Within how many days after the H1B approval am i required to start working for Employer B?.

2. Can i continue working for Employer A and not join Employer B after their H1B petition approval?. Does the H1B petition for Employer A become invalid after H1B petition approval of Employer B?.

Thanks.

I am currently working for Employer A on H1B. Employer B has extended a job offer and filed for my H1B petition. I have the following questions and appreciate your answers

1. Within how many days after the H1B approval am i required to start working for Employer B?.

---- There is no time limit. You can always speak to the time about the time of joining. But do ot delay it beyond about 3 months ( it is pure guess) tht your new employer starts taking action like revoking your H1 or saying that there is no project for you now. And if you have resigned from company A then you have nowhere to go

2. Can i continue working for Employer A and not join Employer B after their H1B petition approval?. Does the H1B petition for Employer A become invalid after H1B petition approval of Employer B?.

---- Yes you can continue working for company A. It may be a good decision to inforrm company B that you will not be joining them for whatever reason

---- The H1 fom company a will not become invalid on the approval of H1 from company B. However you should extend/renew your H1 from company A if it is due and if you want to work for them

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for answering my queries.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X