Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa denied

Hi,
    I did my masters in mechanical engineering and worked in software for 2 years. I came to India on a vacation with my job still in my hand. This is how my employer and client are related.

Employer - Vendor - Client

I went to Chennai for my stamping and was issued 221G blue. They requested me to submit documents such as client letter, job vacancy letter, Tax docs of my employer, wage reports of my employer, my academic credentials, bank statements, my tax returns .... almost everything in 221g Blue.

Administrative processing went for 45 days and finally I got a letter stating that my visa has been denied since my academics doesn't make me eligible for working in software.

I realized that consulate sends back my petition to USCIS and it takes months for USCIS to send a notice of intent to deny my H1B petition. So I filed a new petition with my Vendor.

Now my employer chain is

Vendor[Employer] - Client.

I applied petition in premium processing and I got my LCA and new petition approved in 30 days. I went for visa interview again to Chennai.

I answer all the questions asked by visa officer. He was convinced with my answers and finally scanned my visa application. He looked on his computer screen for 3-4 minutes silently.

He said " My colleague has denied your previous H1B visa saying that you academic credentials doesn't make you eligible for working in software and for the same reason I cannot grant your visa now" and he issued me a 221G blue again and didn't give me a chance to speak.

This is my situation now. I still have my job at client location. Any advices or suggestions for me to get back to United states will be really helpful. I have everything left in US. My home, car and what not

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X