Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent:h4 on h1 transfer

pls help me i m in a sticky situation.

my husband changed company on H1, but the company did t not apply for my H4.

now i m traveling to india i have valid stamped visa till next year july 2011.

my questions:

1. should i apply for new h4 under new company. if not will there be any probs when i come back on the old visa(which is still valid).

2. should i go for stamping now.( ie my old visa is valid and stamped but with a new I 797 of my husbands H1) .

needed urgently
    thanks

H4 has nothing to do with the company that you spouse is working for. Whenever your spouse change his employer, you don't need to apply H4 along with him if your current I-94 is valid (You do that only if your current is about to expire). H4 depends on the H1B manitaining the valid status.

1. should i apply for new h4 under new company.
    >>> No.

if not will there be any probs when i come back on the old visa(which is still valid).
    >>> No issues. You can re-enter with your valid passport and valid H4 visa with the transferred H1B petition of your spouse. That way, you will get an I-94 matching the same expiry date of your spouse.

2. should i go for stamping now.( ie my old visa is valid and stamped but with a new I 797 of my husbands H1) .
    >>> Not required. Read the FAQ in immihelp.
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-05-2010, 01:10 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thank you for your reply.
      i hope evry thing goes well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X