Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g at hyd

hi all,
    I've been issued a 221g in nov 1st week at hyd asking for client end letter and itinerary of services. They dint take my passport and asked to submit req docs at VFS office. Now my questions is:

1) What are all needed to be submitted to VFS (apart from req docs)?
    2) Will there be any 2nd round of intrw after the docs verification and when and how?
    3) How much time it might take (apprx) for an update on the case?
    4) On my app "PIMS not found" was written, is tht a problem of some kind?
    5) if at all no intrw will be there for 2nd time, so how the Passport will be stamped, i mean will they ask us to submit in embassy?

Plz do respond with ur valuable xprncs
    Last edited by robin116; 11-08-2010, 02:11 PM. Reason: missed few things

1) What are all needed to be submitted to VFS (apart from req docs)?
    >>> Whatever is checked in the 221g form should be submitted.

2) Will there be any 2nd round of intrw after the docs verification and when and how?
    >>> The consulate will let you know if they need you to attend a second round of interview.

3) How much time it might take (apprx) for an update on the case?
    >>> Non one can predict as each individual case is different.

4) On my app "PIMS not found" was written, is tht a problem of some kind?
    >>> No. Search immihelp with keyword "PIMS" and you will find a lot of related posts.

5) if at all no intrw will be there for 2nd time, so how the Passport will be stamped, i mean will they ask us to submit in embassy?
    >>> Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanq shervin

I've one more doubt, kindly clarify:

The 221g yellow form contained sub headings (with boxes beside them)

1) FROM YOUR PETITIONER
      (this is crossed in my case and there are 'n' number of bulleted points under it out of which VO rounded off 2 items)
      2) FROM YOU
      3) OTHER

Hope I need to submit only those 2 docs?
      Last edited by robin116; 11-09-2010, 12:24 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Yes. Only the ones checked in the 221g is required to be submitted.

Originally posted by robin116 View Post
        Thanq shervin

I've one more doubt, kindly clarify:

The 221g yellow form contained sub headings (with boxes beside them)

1) FROM YOUR PETITIONER
        (this is crossed in my case and there are 'n' number of bulleted points under it out of which VO rounded off 2 items)
        2) FROM YOU
        3) OTHER

Hope I need to submit only those 2 docs?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Few more

Hi Shervin,

Feels like u r a big friend for evryone with so many frustrating doubts in their minds.

I am confused with few more things and i hope u wont mind answering:

1) I actually could not really impress the VO in the intrw (atleast i felt so), still instead of denying the visa straight away i was given 221 yellow slip.
          Is 221g a softer way of denying a visa?

2) Will there be any remarks kind of entry into the system by VO, mentioning not to grant a visa even after submission of req docs?

3) Considering tht christmas is around the corner, will there be additional delay in my case?

4) And if at all 2nd intrw is scheduled again, is it necessary tht same VO has to close the case?

5) And what xtra docs do we need to carry aprt from those we carried for initial intrw ( i read somewhere even the courier envelope/receipt was requested by consulate)?

6) I read somewhere in forums tht a person was given 221 "twice" and he could clear the intrw only the 3rd time, how often these kindaa cases may happen. Why cant they ask for all docs at once?

7) And based on ur xp all these days, can u plz tell me some avg time frame currently being observed in 221 cases closure?

Ur reply would pull off some stress on my mind......

Comment

1. Not really. Just that the VO could not approve the case immediately and needs additional scrutiny. Sometimes, another peer/supervisor takes a look at the case.
            2. No. If that was the case, they could have denied the case right away.
            3. It really depends. There is no straight answer.
            4. No. See #1
            5. Carry everything you have and read the forums.
            6. VOs are personally held responsible for the approvals after 9/11. Most VOs follow the process to the word without missing a dotted i. Hence, the second and third interviews. I would rather ask why did the person not have all documents with him at the time of the interview? For any immigrant seeking an immigration benefit, the burden of proof is on the person seeking the benefit to prove to the VO that they are eligible for it.
            7. I would be lying if I answered this question with a number as the answer is it depends.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

yee haaa

On Jan13th finally i got the mail from consulate to submit the PP.
              I submitted on 17th and got the visa stamped PP wihtin 2 days.

Lot releived nowwww... phewww

3 months of nerve cracking days ....

Thnks ti immihelp and senior memebers for their valuable suggestions and help

Be patient all 221g ppl will get the visas.....
              Last edited by robin116; 01-24-2011, 10:50 AM. Reason: mistakes

Comment

Robin, Can you give me the timeline of your events right from the interview if you dont mind?( interview date, documents submitted, did you go for your second round of interview)

Also, Are you working in E-V-C scenario or a full time employee?I am planning to go for visa stamping in first week of March and i am in E-v-c scenario. I wish i could have avoided this but cannot.So decided to take risk on the visa interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X