H1B Petition validity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Petition validity

My H1B petition valid only for 2 yesrs up to 2012.
    Usually it will be for 3 years. Is there any cases who got petition validity less than 3 years.

How many years can i extend after 2 years in this case. Will that be 3 years or less.
    Last edited by murali1007; 11-10-2010, 10:15 AM.

It need not be 3 yrs all the time. It depends on the project and the LCA given by the employer. You will have a total of 6 years irrespective of what the increments are.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B Petition Validity

Hi All, Very good day to you.

My name was picked up in lottery for H1B in 2008 and I hold H1B but have not yet stamped it.
      Is it possible to stamp it now.. what is the H1B petition validity for stamping.

Please help me.

Thanks
      kishore

Comment

Is that H1B petitin still valid? A petition will not be valid for more than 3 year. Is the same job still exist in U.S? Is the location and job duties still the same? If you answer YES to all these questions, then you can go for the visa stamping.

Originally posted by netguysnet View Post

My name was picked up in lottery for H1B in 2008 and I hold H1B but have not yet stamped it.
        Is it possible to stamp it now.. what is the H1B petition validity for stamping.

Please help me.

Thanks
        kishore
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I too have the same case. Did you complete the stamping? If so what is the procedur.

I too have the visa approved in 2008 but not stamped. Can I stamp it now?
          If so what is the procedure? Need help to find an answer.
          How do i get form 797. I am not sure if I got it stored from my consultant.

Regards...
          -----------------------------
          Originally posted by netguysnet View Post

Please help me.

Thanks
          kishore

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X