Visa appointment for my daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa appointment for my daughter

Hi, Myself and my spouse in US right now and I have approved H1B extension petition. But my daughter (3 years of age) recently went to India with grandparents. When I try to schedule visa stamping appointment for my daughter it is prompting to schedule both VAC and interview. Is this correct or I did anything wrong while scheduled the appointment. Please advice.

Hi,
    As per my experience, both parents must have non-expired visa (not the petition) to be able to book the dropbox for dependent kids.
    Does she has any type of visa stamped on her passport? If yes and if above condition is met, you should able to get dropbox for her.

Thanks,
    Raj

Comment

Hi Raj, My daughter has stamped visa but it is expired. When I booked the appointment for my daughter it prompted below questions to check whether applicant qualify for Dropbox
      1) Child age is below 14 ? (I selected YES)
      2) Both the parents has valid US visa? ( both of them have stamped visa but it is expired. So, I selected NO)
      So, After the two selection it prompted to schedule both VAC and interview.

Thanks AK

Comment

Hi AK,
        Just for testing, please select YES for question two above and go ahead. At the end it would probably prompt for dropbox eligibility.
        if yes, I recommend to get the visa stamped for parents first and then book appointment for dependent kid (this is what I did), to make them eligible for dropbox (if your goal is to get the dropbox).

I got similar recommendation when I raised query to consulate helpdesk.

Thanks,
        Raj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X