Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident of India/Bhutan or Indian citizen resident in US??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident of India/Bhutan or Indian citizen resident in US??

Hi All, It might seems an easy question to answer, but after thinking more toward it I got confused. While making an appointment or checking out earliest available dates for US consulates in India, first question is ask as "Are you resident of India/Bhutan or Indian citizen resident in US"?

We both, Myself and my wife, are currently living in US. I need to appear for renewal of H1b visa stamp (I have labor and I140 petition approved toward greencard), and my wife needs to appear for first time H1b Visa stamp (F1OPT to H1b). We both still have passport of India.

Please guide me here for which option should I select while making an actual appointment?

And, since we both need to appear for H1b Visa stamp, we will need to do a separate application right? Or family can apply together even for diffrent employer based H1b?

Hi OP,

Refer this thread for more details:

MULTIPLE H1 Visa appointments not allowed-SAME TIME and SAME WINDOW (even for same employer H1b).

But you can take appointments for same time - and you will be called at different windows or one after another (but not together).

YES- you need to fill separate applications (DS-160)

Thanks and regards,
    Abhay
    Last edited by abhayg4; 11-12-2010, 05:18 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X