Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to the UK after my H1B expires

Hello,

I came to the US for my Masters and have been working for 3+ years, 2 years on H1B. I am an Indian citizen and my primary goal is immigration. As we all know that a green card is simply not a realistic option for Indians anymore, and I'm looking at potential options to move to.

I know most people move to Canada, but I really wanted to get some opinions about moving to UK. I am perfectly aware of the low salaries, cost of living in the UK, I just wanted an opinion tutuapp tweakbox from a job security standpoint - I would need to work for 5 years before getting an Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Is there a specific reason people prefer moving to Canada from the US? Again I must stress that money is not a factor for me at all, I wanted the easiest path to getting a perm/indefinite leave to remain. What makes Canada a better option than UK/Ireland?​
    Last edited by roman666; 01-04-2023, 11:17 AM.

I think people move for only one main reason. They seek a place where they can live a better life. So, if you have a better job in Canada and can afford many things there compared to your life in the US, then why not move up to the great North?

Comment

I recently moved from the US to Canada and had a great experience with the help of professional movers. As for your question, it really depends on your personal preference and situation. The UK and Ireland have their own benefits and drawbacks, just like Canada. It's important to do your research and weigh your options. As for job security, it's always a risk when moving to a new country, but if you have a solid plan and a good support system, you should be fine.If you do decide to move to the UK,
      Last edited by trevormiller2678; 03-09-2023, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Instead of the U.S., I would try to move to Europe. Germany appeals to me many times more than the United States. I don't know why I have that choice.

Comment

The UK is a multicultural society with a rich history and an excellent education system, which could be a great experience. Many industries in the UK constantly need skilled workers, so you may find it relatively easy to secure a job. The preference for Canada could be because it's a neighboring country to the US, making it easier for some people to transition. I recently moved to Canada thanks to АОА Moving, as Canada is known for its welcoming policies towards immigrants and has a relatively simple immigration system. In any case, I wish you all the best with your decision-making process and hope you find the right path!
          Last edited by SaykeOwall; 05-12-2023, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Hey there! It's great that you're exploring different options for immigration.

Comment

While Canada is a popular choice, moving to the UK or Ireland can also offer opportunities. Job security in the UK can vary depending on the industry and location, so it's important to research and consider your field of work. Canada is often preferred due to its welcoming immigration policies and various pathways to permanent residency.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X