Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa stamping using I-797C (courtesy notice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa stamping using I-797C (courtesy notice)

Hi everyone,

I have my H1B visa drop box appointment in India in March. My company and attorneys never received the original I-797 approval notice from USCIS and only have the courtesy notice (I-797C). My lawyers have applied for a duplicate copy of the original notice, but it may take several months to get a response from the USCOS.

My question is - whether the I-797C courtesy notice will be sufficient during H1B drop box and at the port of entry in the US? If anyone has recently used I-797C during visa stamping, please let me know. I will really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot !

Hi pa2687. I am in a similar situation. Were you able to get your visa stamped ? Did you get your original notice on time or used your courtesy copy?

Comment

Hi, pa2687 and kn2023 were you able to get your visa stamped at the Indian consulate using the I797C Courtesy copy? Any questions or considerations to make for using this at the time of the Dropbox interview? Please let me know I am also having the same situation and nearing the dropbox appointment with the Hyd consulate in May 2024.

Thank you
      Hanu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X