Total stay L2 + H1 - Pl guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total stay L2 + H1 - Pl guide

I heard that total term of L2 plus H1b is taken into consideration for evaluating the H1b period end. I stayed in US for an year on L2 and then got my H1b. Worked on H1b for around 4 yrs.
    So logically I just have 1 more year of H1b if I try to renew. Is that calculations right?
    Seniors please help.
    2. Also, my spouse is still on L1 valid till 2012. Does that mean I cannot even get L2 visa since I have already surpassed my H1b stay

L1 (not L2) + H1B together is for 6 years. Beyond the 6 year limit, you can switch to L2 or H4 based on your spouse's non-immigrant status. However, inorder to work again in H1B, you will need to spent one year outside U.S (assuming your GC was not filed).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      L1 (not L2) + H1B together is for 6 years. Beyond the 6 year limit, you can switch to L2 or H4 based on your spouse's non-immigrant status. However, inorder to work again in H1B, you will need to spent one year outside U.S (assuming your GC was not filed).
      Thanks a lot for your reply. While on L2 visa, can I work with EAD even after completing 6 yrs of work while on h1b visa. Also note that I worked on L2 EAD before switching to H1b

Comment

While on L2 visa, can I work with EAD even after completing 6 yrs of work while on h1b visa.
        >>> Yes.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X