Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B 221G (blue) - Ottawa consulate

Hi guys,

I had my interview at the Ottawa consulate today and I received a 221H blue - Further Administrative Processing form. All my documents were good, the interviewer asked me 2 or 3 questions and then gave me this form. Here is my status:

Visa Office: Ottawa
    Visa Type: First H1B
    Interview Date: November 29, 2010
    221G sheet color: Blue (Admin. Processing)
    Were additional doc. required?(Y/N): N
    Citizen of: Pakistan

Has anyone been through similar situation? Any idea how long it will take? the Visa Officer said 1 week or more. I have been living in the US for 8 years and this is really frustrating. Please advise. Thanks !!

Possibly a name check.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

I don't think its a name check. I don't have a common name.

Comment

Any TAL profession?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I am sorry bro, but what is TAL profession?

I work as a full-time engineer with a big power company and I was directly hired.

Comment

Technology Alert List

Originally posted by logic26 View Post
            what is TAL profession?
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
              Technology Alert List
              Thanks Shervin. Not sure, if my profession (electrical eng -power systems) falls under TAL list. The VO didn't mention anything like that. He did ask about my educational background and job description. Both my undergrad and graduate school degrees are from US.

Comment

I am guessing TAL or name check. VOs need not mention anything. Here is the list. Any nuclear power exposure?

Comment

Thanks txh1b. I don't have any nuclear power exposure. My job is primarily related to distribution system. However, it may be the case.

Comment

Definitely TAL then.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
                      Definitely TAL then.
                      Any idea how long these type of cases take to get approval?

Comment

Unfortunatley no one can predict the time that will take to resolve a 221g. Search and read about the posts related to "Admin Processing" in immihelp. Since every case is different, the time taken will vary from case to case.

Originally posted by logic26 View Post
                        Any idea how long these type of cases take to get approval?
                        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                          Unfortunatley no one can predict the time that will take to resolve a 221g. Search and read about the posts related to "Admin Processing" in immihelp. Since every case is different, the time taken will vary from case to case.
                          Shervin, they kept my passport. Is this a good sign or does it make any difference? I asked the VO, how long will it take? He said 1 week or may be more. I just hope its 1 week.

Comment

how long finally it took

Same happened to me, any idea how long they took to finish the whole process.

Thanks,
                            Ahamed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X