Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appointment letter state of residence wrong for H1 B stamping

Hi All,

I've booked the consulate date for the New Delhi Embassy for the 09 th Dec for my H1B stamping but on my appointment letter it says the state of residence as New Delhi but i am from Andhra Pradesh and in DS 160 i've given correct address while booking the appointment i choose the option as Indian Resident residing in USA and post i selected is New Delhi as i am going to Delhi so do i need to cancel the appointment and booked again or it is fine please let me know its urgent....

thanks
    kha538

Did you not say that you are resident in the USA? Then what's the big deal about what U.S. Consulate you visit in India? You picked it, they don't care where you get your visa stamped. You're just going to leave right away anyhow. As far as they are concerned you live in Clevaeland or Omaha, they don't care about irrelevant junk like that.

Comment

yes, i've selected the second option Indian Resident residing in the USA and selected the consular post New Delhi so there is no issue with this ?????

Comment

should not be a problem. NRI's are free to go to any consulate in India. They dont have residency requirements.

But double check everything to make sure you did not make any mistakes.

Use this info at your own judgement.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same issue. i have booked my interview date for Jan 10th. I would appreciate for your help. Was this a problem and also was it for first time???

Comment

no problem

i just finished my stamping

am from bangalore but as i selected chennai for stamping - it automatically put me as Tamil nadu as my state of residence

i hope it relives some tension from your mind!!!

Comment

Thanks for your reply... It's my first visa stamping interview so was curious. Also my visa date is booked in Chennai.

Thanks,

-Abishek

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X