Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow up

Originally posted by ras305 View Post
    When you say many follow ups...did u mean you called up the DOS or did your attorney approach them on your behalf?
    Per the info available, after 60days wait period, I understand that your employer/attorney can log a inquiry with the consulate where you attended the interivew. Not sure if this really makes any difference. I was thinking of asking my attorney to check on my case status.

I called DOS many times, toady my employer is going to check with them, I know it is not going to help as well ,as they take their own time for admin process

Comment

• Originally posted by missivory View Post
      I called DOS many times, toady my employer is going to check with them, I know it is not going to help as well ,as they take their own time for admin process
      Thnx...any updates? did your employer approach them?

Comment

• They just want to make sure if all your documents and employer documents are genuine, you mat go to consulate site and suing the case number on 221g, you can check status!

Comment

• Originally posted by ras305 View Post
          When you say many follow ups...did u mean you called up the DOS or did your attorney approach them on your behalf?
          Per the info available, after 60days wait period, I understand that your employer/attorney can log a inquiry with the consulate where you attended the interivew. Not sure if this really makes any difference. I was thinking of asking my attorney to check on my case status.
          Hi,
          I my case the attroney has checked with DOS and had also followed up with the officials visited my employer office.But as on date there is no clear picture of my case status.

Thanks

Comment

• Urgent h4 visa

hello
            plz i need to know how long h4 visa can stay out of us. i got h4 visa and i enter from one year i left my family and back home.now im one year out of us can i enter without trouble in immigration?
            my passport hold h4 visa expired. do i need to apply for new h4 visa for the new passport or its possibleto travell with 2 passport one expired with valid visa and the other new passport
            thanks alot in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by nasim View Post
              hello
              plz i need to know how long h4 visa can stay out of us. i got h4 visa and i enter from one year i left my family and back home.now im one year out of us can i enter without trouble in immigration?
              my passport hold h4 visa expired. do i need to apply for new h4 visa for the new passport or its possibleto travell with 2 passport one expired with valid visa and the other new passport
              thanks alot in advance
              You can stay out of the US as long as you want.
              If your passport has expired with a Valid Visa, you dont have to get a new visa, you can travel with two passports old and new.

Following is some more info:- If your visa is still valid you can travel to the United States with your two passports, as long as the visa is valid, not damaged, and is the appropriate type of visa required for your principal purpose of travel. (Example: tourist visa, when your principal purpose of travel is tourism). Both passports (the valid and the expired one with the visa) should be from the same country and type (Example: both Uruguayan regular passports, both official passports, etc.). When you arrive at the United States port of entry (POE) the Customs and Border Protection Immigration Officer will check your visa in the old passport and if s/he decides to admit you into the United States they will stamp your new passport with an admission stamp along with the annotation "VIOPP" (visa in other passport). Do not try to remove the visa from your old passport and stick it into the new valid passport. If you do so, your visa will no longer be valid
              Last edited by ras305; 09-14-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vedika View Post
                Hi,
                I my case the attroney has checked with DOS and had also followed up with the officials visited my employer office.But as on date there is no clear picture of my case status.

Thanks
                I am not sure whats the status of my case as well....My employer might not be ready to wait for 7-8 months...my offer might not be valid if I dont get the visa soon...keeping fingers crossed. I wish we had some alternative to expedite the process.

Comment

• No slip given....no documents asked till now

Hi,

I went to Hyd consulte in the end of May-2012 for my H1X. No slip given during interview, but when I went to collect the passport, I found they didn't stamp on my passport. After communicating with Consulate found that my case is in Admin processing. :-) The bad luck is, I don't even have the case number to check status. As we know the CEAC site is unavailable currently.

Waiting since 3.5 months. Seems like there are many cases, aging 9 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Any clue why the CEAC site was unavailable from August and why they are going to reopen from the end of Sep? Just for curiosity, are they going to clean up the tons of cases?

Comment

• Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
                    Hi,

I went to Hyd consulte in the end of May-2012 for my H1X. No slip given during interview, but when I went to collect the passport, I found they didn't stamp on my passport. After communicating with Consulate found that my case is in Admin processing. :-) The bad luck is, I don't even have the case number to check status. As we know the CEAC site is unavailable currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Any clue why the CEAC site was unavailable from August and why they are going to reopen from the end of Sep? Just for curiosity, are they going to clean up the tons of cases?
                    All you can do is wait and watch..I think when you callup DOS, they ask for PP No. or your CEAC bar code which wd be your case number I suppose..
                    And as to why they are going to reopen the site after Sept...the reason could be for a improved version..the one that was made available back in July must be a trail run...
                    Wud they clear up tons of cases? ...I don't think so...lets hope they prove me wrong

Comment

• Anybody waiting Since Dec 2011

Any December 2011 cases who cleared recently or still waiting for their 221g to be cleared.

Comment

• @Missivory

Originally posted by missivory View Post
                        Any December 2011 cases who cleared recently or still waiting for their 221g to be cleared.
                        Hi there,
                        I am waiting since December 2011 under 221g from New Delhi consulate...!!! They have not given me any information so far apart from their standard reply to all 221g applicants..!!! (NOT even rejected and sent back to USCIS, passport also still with the consulate..!!!!).
                        Thanks
                        Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by missivory View Post
                          Hi me too waiting for 221g clearance from Dec'11 interview was at New Delhi.

Thanks

Comment

• I attended my first H1B stamping interview in Mumbai in the first week of March. I had an approved I797. My employer first intended that I travel to a large mid-south city for my assignment , and my offer letter was thus prepared. However , there was an urgent need to travel to a much much smaller town in another state , so they "rectified" my offer letter to be in line with the prevailing wages in that place (read: reduced the amount) and filed for a new LCA. I was fine with this, since the assignment was not expected to last long. I was bundled off for stamping and was asked only 1 question by the VO : How much was I going to be paid in the US ?
                            I told her the amount in the revised offer letter, after which she took my case papers and passport and disappeared for what seemed like a really long time. After she came back, I was informed that my petition itself is invalid because it was initially approved for a much higher amount than what I was being paid currently. I told her about the revision and pointed out the amended LCA attached at the back of my case papers. However, I was handed a yellow slip by them with the words "Revocation" hand written on it.
                            However , my company's immigration team claims that we were all in the clear and apparently , had challenged the revocation through an attorney. Its been ~ 200 days since that day, however, nobody has a clue yet. The case is pending with USCIS.
                            Am I a unique case here ? Going through the posts here has led me to believe that a decision by them can take anywhere between now and eternity.

EDIT : Just to make my day complete, they cancelled my existing B1/B2 visa too!

EDIT2 : I may add , my client remained the same in both cases, and so did the overall project. Only the implementation site differed between my original petition filed in 2011 and the actual work in 2012.
                            Last edited by Punekar; 09-20-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
                              Hi,

- - - Updated - - -

Vijay, My husband has been under this processing for 7 months now and I happen to be a US citizen. So I am not sure whats going on there. He is from Hyderabad but since I am filing as a spouse of US citizen his interview was in bombay.

Comment

• Originally posted by simrank View Post
                                Vijay, My husband has been under this processing for 7 months now and I happen to be a US citizen. So I am not sure whats going on there. He is from Hyderabad but since I am filing as a spouse of US citizen his interview was in bombay.
                                I appreciate the input. With your example I need to keep my faith alive and just wait for some more months....! Our cases are genuine and they should come out successfully after this long pauses.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X