221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ras305 View Post
    I hv my Passport with me. I had been through this before for L1 and B1. It was much quicker then...H1z a hardship
    I agree with you. I think that is because H1-B is a dual intent work permit and they do more scrutiny for this.

Well, I am going to Canada in Jan 2013 to stamp my F-1 because I only have a status change(from H-4 to F-1) and need a F-1 stamp. It is too stressful to live in this country with only the status and without the visa change. I hope all goes fine with me!

Comment

• 221g email questionnaire given

Hi, I attended my interview on Dec 7th at hyderabad and the VO barely asked me any questions. I'm in a marketing related job but in a big technology company (direct employee). I did my MS in Biotech. This is my first H1B and i was on Opt for a year before this. The VO handed me a form about 221g with the "consulate will email you with a questionnaire" option ticked. He said watch out for an email from us and reply to the questionnaire and we will start the process after we receive the reply from you. He retained my passport and DS-160 confirmationa and copy of i-797. I had a similar experience during my F1 visa interview 3 years ago, and it took about 4 weeks for the processing. I wonder what the process time will be this time. I'm very worried as it is my first H1B and this 221g doesnt seem to leave me alone.

Comment

• Passport withdrawal - how many days consulate take to return the passport

MY 221g has completed almost a year and still they say it is under processing.......

Anyways, I have to travel overseas in the month of FEB, I don't want to take any risk so i have sent a request for withdrawal of my passport ( 221g continues) in the first week of Dec, now again its two weeks gone ,I have no update on my passport..........

Can anyone tell me how long will it take to get the passport back after the withdrawal request.

Comment

• @ missivory

Originally posted by missivory View Post
          MY 221g has completed almost a year and still they say it is under processing.......

Anyways, I have to travel overseas in the month of FEB, I don't want to take any risk so i have sent a request for withdrawal of my passport ( 221g continues) in the first week of Dec, now again its two weeks gone ,I have no update on my passport..........

Can anyone tell me how long will it take to get the passport back after the withdrawal request.
          Hey there, I have been also waiting since first week of December 2011 after getting green slip from New Delhi consulate..!!! They haven't given any decision yet, keep saying its pending under admin process to me, my employer, lawyer and even the senator. They still have my passport. I have no Clue what's going on with my case. Did you follow up with them?? What do they say to you??? Pls let me know about your case.
          Thanks
          Regards

Comment

• CEAC website's up

Finally, the ceac website is up.

However, for my case, the Status Updated Date is being shown as 28-June-2012 which is my Interview date.
            I remember the last time I checked when it was working, it showed the last update date as 20-July-2012 (some time in Jul-Aug'12 I think).

Can you guys check and share the updates.

Comment

However, for my case, the Status Updated Date is being shown as 28-June-2012 which is my Interview date.
              I remember the last time I checked when it was working, it showed the last update date as 20-July-2012 (some time in Jul-Aug'12 I think).

Thanks it shows for me both..interview date and updated date as today's date...is this websites updates accurate?

Comment

• hi All

Originally posted by adnaanusa View Post
                Originally posted by ras305 View Post

Thanks it shows for me both..interview date and updated date as today's date...is this websites updates accurate?
                Hello everyone, for me it's showing Application receipt pending ..!!! This is really freaking me out, I have been waiting since December 2011...! Any opinion???
                Last edited by dilemma221g; 12-21-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by adnaanusa View Post
                  When did you appear for the interview?
                  Apparently, if your interview date being shown in their website isn't correct, then somethings still not right with the status updates being shown.

Comment

Originally posted by adnaanusa View Post
                    When did you appear for the interview?
                    Apparently, if your interview date being shown in their website isn't correct, then somethings still not right with the status updates being shown.
                    I appeared interview recently..website..seems to be working fine as of now...but just wanted to confirm..if this website is accurate..unlike other website...

http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/pending-or-refused-visas.html

Which some say the status does not get updated timely..or even the passport tracker email id..

For now even the above website shows same information for my case..

Comment

• Originally posted by dilemma221g View Post
                      Hello everyone, for me it's showing Application receipt pending ..!!! This is really freaking me out, I have been waiting since December 2011...! Any opinion???
                      I tried googling the status and couldnt find anything relevant.
                      You might have already checked this out, the usconsulate-delhi website indicates that there can be only 4 statuses for yellow&green handouts.

I just fail to understand why do they confiscate passports for so long and how do they justify this.
                      They approve the petition which I think would mean they have the visa fee in their kitty, add to that the 12K that you spend on scheduling your interview, eventually the peace of mind that you lose waiting for status updates.

So, its like we are paying them to get screwed.

Comment

• @ ras305

Originally posted by ras305 View Post
                        Originally posted by dilemma221g View Post
                        I tried googling the status and couldnt find anything relevant.
                        You might have already checked this out, the usconsulate-delhi website indicates that there can be only 4 statuses for yellow&green handouts.

I just fail to understand why do they confiscate passports for so long and how do they justify this.
                        They approve the petition which I think would mean they have the visa fee in their kitty, add to that the 12K that you spend on scheduling your interview, eventually the peace of mind that you lose waiting for status updates.

So, its like we are paying them to get screwed.
                        Hey there, thanks for replying..! I also tried to find out why is it showing this status for me?? Then I figured out that they have not updated any 2011 pending cases..! They have updated 2012 pending cases... Last time when I checked it showed my interview date and respond date as 20th July 2012..! But after they opened again I don't know why it's showing this status??
                        Coming to my passport, it's still with them...! I don't know for how long they can keep anybody's passport like this legally??? I know they are not keeping it with them against our will but still...
                        As per my understanding they would return my passport without stamp if they have reached to any kind of decision so far...!!! They are keep replying the same answer to my employer, lawyer and the senator...'
                        What do you think???
                        God bless..!
                        Thanks
                        Regards

Comment

• Case status

Even for me its showing Application receipt pending and some nonsense reson below which i failed to understand ..........please let me know if you understood that.

But As if now ..............i want my passport back for some urgent trip coming up.................but they are not even replying to my request................don't know what to do

Comment

• Originally posted by missivory View Post

Even for me its showing Application receipt pending and some nonsense reson below which i failed to understand ..........please let me know if you understood that.

But As if now ..............i want my passport back for some urgent trip coming up.................but they are not even replying to my request................don't know what to do
                            Hey... I figured out that they have not updated pending 2011 cases..!!! Its showing status for 2012 pending cases only...! Regarding your passport, as I mentioned earlier that it's up to the consulate when they hand over your passport to vfs for delivery as per my conversation with vFS guy few months ago...! I would say, call them up again.!!! our cases are pending since a year... Ridiculous man...!

Comment

• Hi

Hey... I figured out that they have not updated pending 2011 cases..!!! Its showing status for 2012 pending cases only...! Regarding your passport, as I mentioned earlier that it's up to the consulate when they hand over your passport to vfs for delivery as per my conversation with vFS guy few months ago...! I would say, call them up again.!!! our cases are pending since a year... Ridiculous man...!
                              Hi Guys!
                              I also checked my status on this website and it shows me the interview date and status update date. I had my interview in Aug 2012. The Status Update date is of September 2012. Does that mean they have not updated the case since then? How often is the status on this website updated? Does anyone have any clue ?

Comment

• waiting for passport

still no information on my passport. its been a month now.............

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X