221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by missivory View Post
    still no information on my passport. its been a month now.............
    did they reach out to you yet?

Comment

• ??????

Originally posted by ras305 View Post
      Not yet, i have sent many reminders to them ,I have got some replies from OFC like they are reviewing ( I dont know what), also a funny reply to write to chennai Consulate ??????? ( mine is Delhi).

Anyways, cant wait anymore why don,t they understand the urgency, i have only asked for the passport not for the STAMPED passport.

very annoying ...................

Comment

Not yet, i have sent many reminders to them ,I have got some replies from OFC like they are reviewing ( I dont know what), also a funny reply to write to chennai Consulate ??????? ( mine is Delhi).

Anyways, cant wait anymore why don,t they understand the urgency, i have only asked for the passport not for the STAMPED passport.

Hmm......not sure wht are they upto.
        I'll complete 7months of waiting very soon...this, I don't think is gonna end so soon for me too...most cases of similar kind (common Muslim names with a petition valid for 3years) that I've come across over the internet have taken well beyond an year to complete the admin processing. Hail OBL .

Comment

Originally posted by ras305 View Post

Hi there,,,
          Did you get your passport back as you requested??? Or any communication from them??? Please let me know.
          Thanks
          Regards

Comment

• Hi,

Yes I have got my passport back after one month from the date of request.In between I have sent reminders to them almost everyday.

Also I got news from my employer that two immigration officers visited the office just after two days of getting my passport back.

Lets see .....how many more days to wait....
            Last edited by missivory; 01-14-2013, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Yes I have got my passport back after one month from the date of request.In between I have sent reminders to them almost everyday.

Also I got news from my employer that two immigration officers visited the office just after two days of getting my passport back.

Lets see .....how many more days to wait....
              Hi,
              Okay... Hey can you provide me your e mail ID, i would really appreciate it.
              My case is almost similar to you.. So Plz let me know your e mail ID...!
              Thanks
              Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by ras305 View Post
                Finally, the ceac website is up.

However, for my case, the Status Updated Date is being shown as 28-June-2012 which is my Interview date.
                I remember the last time I checked when it was working, it showed the last update date as 20-July-2012 (some time in Jul-Aug'12 I think).

Can you guys check and share the updates.
                Hello everyone,
                I mentioned this earlier also that when I checked my status on this link it showed me as " Application receipt pending". My company's lawyer made status inquiry with consulate but they replied with the same answer that it's under admin. process...! It's going to be almost 14 months for me now..!!! Passport is still with them...
                Any opinion/advice regarding my status on this link??? Because for most of the people it shows admin. process on this link.
                Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by dilemma221g View Post
                  Hello everyone,
                  I mentioned this earlier also that when I checked my status on this link it showed me as " Application receipt pending". My company's lawyer made status inquiry with consulate but they replied with the same answer that it's under admin. process...! It's going to be almost 14 months for me now..!!! Passport is still with them...
                  Any opinion/advice regarding my status on this link??? Because for most of the people it shows admin. process on this link.
                  Thanks
                  Someone mentioned earlier that the CEAC status check hasn't been updated to show the correct status for old cases (2011).
                  Why don't you go to the VFS personally and enquire about the status and check if they are awaiting anything from you? I understand they dont have much info on pending cases, but you never know...

Comment

• Originally posted by ras305 View Post
                    Originally posted by dilemma221g View Post
                    Hello everyone,
                    Thanks
                    Someone mentioned earlier that the CEAC status check hasn't been updated to show the correct status for old cases (2011).
                    Why don't you go to the VFS personally and enquire about the status and check if they are awaiting anything from you? I understand they dont have much info on pending cases, but you never know...
                    Hi..
                    Thank you for replying. Recently my company lawyer got reply from them that it's still under mandatory admin. process..!!! Even after more than 13 months..!!! But I don't know why there is no status update on their website for pending 2011 cases..!!!??? My lawyer said don't worry about it as we already got reply that it's still under process and that would be the latest status... It's frustrating... They are not even asking any further documents or give any decision...! For how long should I wait??? Hehe...There is no time frame.. And my background should be crystal clear, not even a parking ticket man.. Lol...!!! Fingers crossed..!!!
                    Thanks....

Comment

• Did you try to get in touch with consulate to escalate your case.

13 months wait is insane...

Hi..
                      Thank you for replying. Recently my company lawyer got reply from them that it's still under mandatory admin. process..!!! Even after more than 13 months..!!! But I don't know why there is no status update on their website for pending 2011 cases..!!!??? My lawyer said don't worry about it as we already got reply that it's still under process and that would be the latest status... It's frustrating... They are not even asking any further documents or give any decision...! For how long should I wait??? Hehe...There is no time frame.. And my background should be crystal clear, not even a parking ticket man.. Lol...!!! Fingers crossed..!!!
                      Thanks....
                      Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye13 View Post
                        Did you try to get in touch with consulate to escalate your case.

13 months wait is insane...

Hi..
                        Thanks....
                        Hi,
                        So far Me, my employers office, and even the state senator ( three times ) sent them status inquiries but they replied back with the same answer. Recently my company lawyer also sent them inquiry but no other reply. They still have my passport.
                        Interesting part is my friend/colleague got his stamping done from same consulate, same day, same company. Another 6 employees also got their stamping done from mumbai consulate..!!! However they had asked my company's documents, not a single document from my side so far..!!! What a destiny...!!! I do not know what are they up to???
                        Any suggestion/advice?
                        Thanks
                        Regards

Comment

• I put up a question on Avvo just to check what other lawyers have to say about the wait times. It appears even they don't have an answer.

Comment

• I completed 5 months with no update. My case status on CEAC Website shows: Creation Date as the date of my Interview, 21st aug, 2012 and Updated Date : 12 September, 2012.
                            Does anyone know how often are the cases updated on this website ?

Comment

• I think that CEAC website was a project that is stuck in development.

I.e. You can not track anything from that website. if you check Ceac codes that appears in the pdf it will still show Creation date as OFC date and Update Date as Interview date.

Try chatting to the VFS service desk. They might have some info for you.

In addition everytime when i talk to VFS service desk they mention about getting email or SMS and they dont mention anything about PDF file on website.

Originally posted by visit2011 View Post
                              I completed 5 months with no update. My case status on CEAC Website shows: Creation Date as the date of my Interview, 21st aug, 2012 and Updated Date : 12 September, 2012.
                              Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

• Originally posted by visit2011 View Post
                                I completed 5 months with no update. My case status on CEAC Website shows: Creation Date as the date of my Interview, 21st aug, 2012 and Updated Date : 12 September, 2012.
                                After all the googling I've been doing for the last 7 months, here is what I figured:-
                                Cases with petitions valid for an year, the max wait period is 9 months. They've issued the visas by the end of 9th Month if not earlier.
                                If the petition is valid for 3years, god save us. I've come across people who've been waiting for more than 15months. You can find such cases everywhere (immihelp, ******** etc).

So hope for the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X