No announcement yet.

221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally after wait for 205 days my number appeared...
    Hope to get my Visa Stamped Soon.

Interview Date : 14-Jan-13
    Last Status Change Date : 7-Aug-2013...

Comment

• That's wrong.

If you havent responded to required documents or any other requirements from Consulate in a year than the case will be closed.

Otherwise they will keep on processing it.

I would suggest going to an attorney
      Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

• Never ending process

HI ,

Now this is something which I wasn't expecting, they have sen my petition back to KCC for review ( Second time),

I will have to go through the whole process again, dont want to wait any longer now.

Interestingly , they didn't inform me , I came to know only when i inquired . Also our passports are still with them, why the hell they are keeping them now.

Anyways ,i have asked them to return the passports

They are really doing a GOOD JOB

Comment

• Milgaya Visa!!

Guys,

Finally, I got the visa. Recvd my PP with the Visa today. I don't have to worry for the next 2yrs atleast

Regards
          Rasool

Comment

• Congrats Ras....i was following this thread from last 1 year. I was also waiting for visa from last 1 year and finally got my visa. I came to india on vacation and its became nightmare for me. But my visa is valid till 31st dec as my petition is valid till 31st dec and I don't have project at this time. Does anyone has idea if I travel to US without any job will it be any problem at the port of entry. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
            ZXR

Comment

• Originally posted by xp221g View Post
              Congrats Ras....i was following this thread from last 1 year. I was also waiting for visa from last 1 year and finally got my visa. I came to india on vacation and its became nightmare for me. But my visa is valid till 31st dec as my petition is valid till 31st dec and I don't have project at this time. Does anyone has idea if I travel to US without any job will it be any problem at the port of entry. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
              ZXR

Hi ZXR,

Just in case this helps:-
              I jst trvld to the US and they didn't bother to ask me for any of the documents during the immigration clearance the port of entry. Before traveling, I googled a lot of forums to make sure I have all the docs that I'll need at POE. It was recommended to carry the offer letter, the contact details of the mgr/hr along with the address of the place that one will be put up after reaching the US.

They asked for the US address while issuing the boarding passes, in the US customs clearance form. They never asked for any documents during the immigration clearance.

Regards
              Rasool

Comment

• Originally posted by ras305 View Post
                Guys,

Finally, I got the visa. Recvd my PP with the Visa today. I don't have to worry for the next 2yrs atleast

Regards
                Rasool

Finally got positive response from consulate and asked to submit passport. hope everything will go well

Comment

• Originally posted by muflih View Post
                  Finally got positive response from consulate and asked to submit passport. hope everything will go well
                  Finally, I got the visa. Received my Passport with the Visa yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by muflih View Post
                    Finally, I got the visa. Received my Passport with the Visa yesterday
                    Congratulations!!

Can you please give us a brief overview of your 221g history?

Comment

• Originally posted by ragz069 View Post
                      Congratulations!!

Can you please give us a brief overview of your 221g history?
                      Thank you
                      History
                      Interview Date : 8th nov 2012
                      Case update : 1st april 2013
                      Received mail : 30th sep 2012
                      submited passport: 6th october
                      received passport: 8th october

All the best for rest of all

Comment

• H1B Yellow Slip 221g Approved after 1.5 years but Petition Expired

Dear Sir,

I need your help and cooperation in clarifying my doubts and smallest of your help will also be of huge support on my case.

This is in reference to my H1B visa, which was pending under administrative processing for around 1.5 years.
                        For the same I received a call from Mumbai Consulate saying that the processing has been approved, but as your I797 has expired on 6th June 2014, we need an amended I797 to stamp my Passport with the Visa.

I have few quick questions , please suggest:

1)Can we get amendment of dates on my expired petition which expired on 6th June 2014, as Consulate is also referring to get an amendment on the expired petition only or we need a new petition?

2)During these 1.5 years my project with Employer has changed, so if my Employer files a new petition, it will be for a new client and new location, which will be different from the location and client for which my previous petition was?
                        So Kindly suggest is it recommended to file a new petition from my new project or file a petition from my previous project?

3) Can i also withdraw my old case and then file a new petition from my new project? If so what is the process of withdrawing a petition?

4) OR should i go ahead and file a new petition and submit it to the consulate, as the old petition has already expired and the case is closed.

This case is a bit complicated, so your questions are welcome, but i need suggestions.

Regards
                        Deepak

Comment

• 17 months Still Waiting!!

Hi fellas,
                          It's my first post here and i want to thank everyone here for doing their best to help the next guy with really helpful information.. You all are amazing!
                          My Sob story!! :
                          Interview Date: Dec 28 2014
                          Model: EVC
                          Country of Citizenship n Residence: India
                          First H1b Visa issued at: New Delhi
                          Current Status: Post Decision Activity (According to the email)

I was given Yellow Slip, No documents ever asked. It's been about 17 months now and we are still waiting. Been 8 years in the US,first 3 years was with direct Client, last 5 years with same employer on EVC model with TCS/CMC as vendor on last project.
                          After no good progress from USCIS we engaged Senator's office and they are working with the congressional liaison since last 4 months.
                          My case was with VSC, then sent to CSC due to workload sharing then again sent to VSC and now again sent back to CSC recently as they think that CSC has to adjudicate the case. The petition starts with EAC..
                          My Employer got a letter from USCIS on Mar 29 saying since case has passed normal timelines they will provide final decision soon and should take atleast 30 days but it's been almost 2 months since then and no updates yet.

What should i expect? If they approve the case, will they ask me to send my passport for stamping or to schedule for a new interview? Will i have to go same consulate (Dubai) or any other? Do i need a new project/client to get the case approved?

Word of advise: I bet you all are smarter than me and would never make this mistake.. Don't buy a home until you have green card in your hand coz i am going thru foreclosure process which is the last thing i ever wanted to go thru. I was very dumb to make this mistake and now i am in all sorts of trouble. God help me!

Comment

• Hi frens,
                            I am still waiting on this case.. should i just loose all hope? Even the Senator's office is not helping us any more and the case is now sent to California Service Center and i have no idea when they will look in to this case. How would they even know that this case is pending for last 17 months?? will they treat this on first come first serve basis? I am so disappointed.

Originally posted by jay20904 View Post
                            Hi fellas,
                            It's my first post here and i want to thank everyone here for doing their best to help the next guy with really helpful information.. You all are amazing!
                            My Sob story!! :
                            Interview Date: Dec 28 2014
                            Model: EVC
                            Country of Citizenship n Residence: India
                            First H1b Visa issued at: New Delhi
                            Current Status: Post Decision Activity (According to the email)

I was given Yellow Slip, No documents ever asked. It's been about 17 months now and we are still waiting. Been 8 years in the US,first 3 years was with direct Client, last 5 years with same employer on EVC model with TCS/CMC as vendor on last project.
                            After no good progress from USCIS we engaged Senator's office and they are working with the congressional liaison since last 4 months.
                            My case was with VSC, then sent to CSC due to workload sharing then again sent to VSC and now again sent back to CSC recently as they think that CSC has to adjudicate the case. The petition starts with EAC..
                            My Employer got a letter from USCIS on Mar 29 saying since case has passed normal timelines they will provide final decision soon and should take atleast 30 days but it's been almost 2 months since then and no updates yet.

What should i expect? If they approve the case, will they ask me to send my passport for stamping or to schedule for a new interview? Will i have to go same consulate (Dubai) or any other? Do i need a new project/client to get the case approved?

Word of advise: I bet you all are smarter than me and would never make this mistake.. Don't buy a home until you have green card in your hand coz i am going thru foreclosure process which is the last thing i ever wanted to go thru. I was very dumb to make this mistake and now i am in all sorts of trouble. God help me!

Comment

• Originally posted by jay20904 View Post
                              Hi frens,
                              I am still waiting on this case.. should i just loose all hope? Even the Senator's office is not helping us any more and the case is now sent to California Service Center and i have no idea when they will look in to this case. How would they even know that this case is pending for last 17 months?? will they treat this on first come first serve basis? I am so disappointed.

I am sorry to hear about your trouble. My 221 g case took 1 year to process. There is absolutely no fixed timeline for them. The consulate will just wait on DHS to give clearance. They have their own timelines. There are multiple agencies involved in the case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X