221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience.
    Was interviewed Dec. 06, 2010 here in the philippines. In my case, I have no idea under what review is my h1b now because there was no document handed to me after I was brought to the Fraud Prevention Unit (FPU) except for the brochure regarding rights of foreign employees in the US. I was just told that they will give me a call. I am expecting that they will not find any fraudulent act in my case because everything is legal. It's just that I answered the consul a wrong information regarding my salary. but I was able to apologize and corrected the information because that is the truth. Actually i was asked if I will be receiving salary from my employer during my training in the US. It is my fault to answer NO though I am not sure about it. I missed that information when I was reading my contract before i had my interview. It was really a big mistake to miss a very important information. After the interview and waiting til somebody brings me to the fraud pevention unit, I checked the contract that I handed to the consul, it is written there that i will be compensated. That I think was the reason why I was brought to the fraud prevention unit. I corrected it right away with the investigator in the FPU and i think i was able to convince him. They had me swear all my statements which they printed out and let me sign it, they told me that it will be forward to the consul who initially interviewed me coz he has the authority to decide. They told me to just wait for a call..
    Until now I am patiently waiting. I was actually booked to fly on dec. 28th of 2010. Obviously I was not able to go. I feel so stressed and helpless that i'm clueless what's happening in my application and when will there be a decision. hopefully I'll hear a very good news from them very very soon and yours too in case its not over yet.

Comment

no email yet

My date was also dec 22 nd ....yellow no docs asked.
      221gyellometoo received the email ....i dint get mine yet
      wth are these ppl doing

Comment

No email yet...

Interview date: Dec 3
        Yellow 221g, no doc asked...
        it has been 64 days now...still waiting for email...

Anyone with VI date before dec 10 ???

Comment

Interview date: 3rd Dec.
          Yellow 221g - no docs asked.
          Still waiting...

Comment

Interview date: 16th nov.
            Yellow 221g - no docs asked.
            Still waiting...

Comment

guys, i am in a similar situation

interview date: 30th dec 2010
              no docs asked
              got yellow 221g
              small desi consulting
              still waiting for the email..

Comment

Guys...

Many of us are really waiting for a very long frustrating and painful time...during which the so called security check/TAL or whatever is being done...

How logical it is to believe that someone who is living in the US for many years come to India to enjoy with family and friends and suddenly become a security threat to US...

People come here to spend some good time and these guys screw up everything by giving different colors of forms like yellow/blue/pink...

I believe in a system in which all these checks can be performed well in advance before the Visa interview especially for the H1-b visas since they are the most time critical (Aren't we happy paying some extra bucks if that is what consulate asks for?)... by doing this, neither America's security is compromised nor is people's fate and time!!!

shouldn't be there some complain box for the 221g stricken people ??? I really ridicule this type of slow processing in this modern technological era and that too in the world's most boasted advanced country !!!

Comment

interview date: 3rd Dec
                  221g yellow receipt
                  submitted required docs on 13-Jan-2011
                  waiting for email

Comment

share 221g comments with DHS

Hello to all 221g affected forum members

I agree with razz on how illogical this painful process is!

I was thinking if there would be a way to put forward our voice and troubles to the USA authorties.

I would request you to do so even if your 221g is done, for help of the rest of us

Originally posted by Razz View Post
                    Guys...

Many of us are really waiting for a very long frustrating and painful time...during which the so called security check/TAL or whatever is being done...

How logical it is to believe that someone who is living in the US for many years come to India to enjoy with family and friends and suddenly become a security threat to US...

People come here to spend some good time and these guys screw up everything by giving different colors of forms like yellow/blue/pink...

I believe in a system in which all these checks can be performed well in advance before the Visa interview especially for the H1-b visas since they are the most time critical (Aren't we happy paying some extra bucks if that is what consulate asks for?)... by doing this, neither America's security is compromised nor is people's fate and time!!!

shouldn't be there some complain box for the 221g stricken people ??? I really ridicule this type of slow processing in this modern technological era and that too in the world's most boasted advanced country !!!

Comment

Yellow Form No docs required

Interview Date: 23rd december
                      Yellow Form- Administrative Check 221g
                      Total Days- 49 Days
                      Mumbai Conuslate.

No News...

Anyone else tried to get the employer to get a congressman to write a letter to speed up the process? Any Luck?

FYI the information window that closed down has moved to the VFS office nearby the consulate. Go there for updates.
                      Good Luck

Comment

@atiqabdulla - what is your employment model? I am also in your situation. gave interview on 30th dec 2010. waiting for the email. mine is a small desi consulting.

Comment

@f12gc Work as a financial analyst at an emerging markets hedge fund. A company who has hired H1B employees in the past and has applied for them, and has never had any issues. been working there for a year and a half with them, it took four months for the embassy to approve my H1B ive lost hope, in the system. Was in bombay for two weeks trying to get anwsers from the consulate its fruitless they dont know crap, out there. The vfs people are even more clueless to whats going on.

Whats the details on your case?

Comment

I am seeing 'Your passport is in process at the consulate if your visa is approved' status on the consulate website. the passport however, is still with me. not sure wht's going on.

Comment

@ atiqabdulla : Do you know what are the timings the mumbai consulate window is open near VFS? Did you get any answers from them?

I had tried reaching out to the senator of my state and they did send email to mumbai consulate but got the standard reply to wait and that its under process.

Has anyone got lucky this week. I am waiting since 3rd Dec

Comment

@msan : Hey no didnt get any reply from them either.....theyre useless also, as helpless and clueless as us when it comes to administrative check. So the senators letter hopeless to....Not a reassuring thought..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X