Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221g pendind @mumbai let's send the email to mumbai

hi guys,
    as you know mumbai NIV unit came up with new case status report.

but i think they just started 27th Jan onwards. But for those CEACs cleared in earlier days of January, If they sent emails but if some of us did not receive thier email then this new information is not useful for those who believe that they haven't received email.

so please let's just send one email to helpdesk stating "please put the list of CEACs cleared in earlier days of JANUARY.

I am sure this will help some of us..

thanks guys keep posted...

Comment

Any good news for anyone yet? specially the ones who are stuck since nov- dec?

Comment

Still waiting

Dear Friends...

I (and my wife for H4) appeared for VI (Mumbai) on Dec. 3 and still waiting for email from the Consulate...

The VO didn't ask any single documents...just asked a couple of questions like company name, salary, position, which University did I MS, my major etc...At the end of interview, I observed VO looking for something in the computer (and seem like he couldn't get in the system) and then told us there is nothing wrong with the application but it needs additional processing so asked us to keep watching email.

Since then watching and watching...Initially I was checking email thrice a day but now I don't feel like checking once a day...My employer is a very big company with more than 18k employees worldwide...I contacted my Lawyer and he told me that this process cannot be expedited...For now I'm working from here for the last one month as I have to meet project critical deadlines (thanks to internet for everything

I have a Masters from US and working for a top Semiconductor company for the last 2.5 years...

Anyone in this forum having this rich experience of patience?

Comment

waiting

Razz,

Me too in the same situation and have been waiting since 2nd December. My company applied L1B visa for me. I was given the same yellow letter for 221G admin processing, since then i have been waiting....

Good news is that consulate has started uploading status for the completed application ids twice a week on the website, which everybody can refer.

Hope to get our id listed in that list soon..

Comment

221g cleared

Received 221g yellow form at Mumbai on 2nd dec 2010. Waited for 8 weeks. received email from consulate on 27th Jan. submitted passport next day. got passport stamped next day and got it delivered in couple of days.

those who are still waiting just be patient. keep calling DOS regularly and keep collecting the latest updates.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by SJ11 View Post
              Received 221g yellow form at Mumbai on 2nd dec 2010. Waited for 8 weeks. received email from consulate on 27th Jan. submitted passport next day. got passport stamped next day and got it delivered in couple of days.

those who are still waiting just be patient. keep calling DOS regularly and keep collecting the latest updates.

Cheers.
              how often did you call them? Can you please share with us what do you ask them for and what updates they provided , I am trying the same calling them but they are not providing any time estimate or other information about what is progress in my case

my has been pending since 16th nov!

Comment

case status update

this doesnt really help unless you have received an email - but it is good news in the sense that the Mumbai consulate is moving the 221 g application files.

Comment

DOS contact details?

@ rks123 & SJ11 - how do you contact DOS and what is the usual outcome of contacting them?

Comment

Here is the number
                    202-663-1225

I also had a hard time retrieving information from them. You can ask whether your application has cleared PIMS. Is your application clearance is progressing.you can confirm your contact details with them etc.

Hope this help.

SJ11

Comment

dos

My results with dos have been quite negative , most of the times they rudely refuse to provide more information other times just tell me its in process and not completed yet. They seem to direct me back to mumbai embassy for information which itself is not forthcoming..
                      There might be difference in cases where some are pims , some security clearance , maybe a company check , so the DOS experience might differ

Comment

221g yello mumbai.. received standard email of completion..

Hello Guys,

I got standard email from US Consulate today, really felt good. I will be submitting my passport monday(02/07/11). Below is the summary of my case:

Interview Date: 12/22/2010
                        Admin Processing : Yellow 221 G, no documents asked
                        Email Date: 02/04/2011
                        Total days in Admin Processing 43days(30 Business days)
                        Expected Passport Submission Date: 02/07/11

I will keep you guys posted.

Comment

Thanks rks123 and SJ11 - will contact DOS next week in case I hear nothing. Am feeling encouraged by the number of folks receiving the email from the consulate and the speed with which they are returning the visa stamped passports.
                          Let me know if you hear anything by next week.

Congrats 221gyellometoo!

Comment

Yup lets keep our fingers crossed for some good news!
                            Originally posted by 221g_yellow_6Dec View Post
                            Thanks rks123 and SJ11 - will contact DOS next week in case I hear nothing. Am feeling encouraged by the number of folks receiving the email from the consulate and the speed with which they are returning the visa stamped passports.
                            Let me know if you hear anything by next week.

Congrats 221gyellometoo!

Comment

h1b process clueless..

[I]So, I am in my third week and I am still waiting for my email. I work directly for a company, not thru any consultant. From what I have seen online, it should ideally take 3-4 weeks. Coz of the holiday season in the U.S. I am expecting some more delay. I am booked on to fly on December 28th!!! I am not sure if I should be still hopeful. Do you guys know how long will the VFS take to send the passport after submitting it to them? There is very slim chance of things falling in line atleast for me. Lets all keep each other updated.
                              Date of Interview: 06/12/2010
                              Issued: Yellow 221g (Administrative Processing)
                              Days consumed: 15 (11 working days) and counting

hi.. how's your application? We have the same date of interview though I had mine here in the philippines. In my case, I have no idea under what review is my h1b now because there was no document handed to me after I was brought to the Fraud Prevention Unit. I was just told that they will give me a call. I am expecting that they will not find any fraudulent act in my case because everything is legal. It's just that I answered the consul a wrong information regarding my salary. but I was able to apologize and corrected the information because that is the truth. Actually i was asked if I will be receiving salary from my employer during my training in the US. It is my fault to answer NO though I am not sure about it. I missed that information when I was reading my contract before i had my interview. It was really a big mistake to miss a very important information. After the interview and waiting til somebody brings me to the fraud pevention unit, I checked the contract that I handed to the consul, it is written there that i will be compensated. That I think was the reason why I was brought to the fraud prevention unit. I corrected it right away with the investigator in the FPU and i think i was able to convince him. They had me swear all my statements which they printed out and let me sign it, they told me that it will be forward to the consul who initially interviewed me coz he has the authority to decide. They told me to just wait for a call..
                              Until now I am patiently waiting. I was actually booked to fly on dec. 28th of 2010. Obviously I was not able to go. I feel so stressed and helpless that i'm clueless what's happening in my application and when will there be a decision. hopefully I'll hear a very good news from them very very soon and yours too in case its not over yet.

God bless us.

Comment

hi everyone.

I am new here so I had a mistake to give a reply to newyellow though the message was in the first page. anyway, kindly read my above messsage and please help me with it. I think everybody here are under 221g processing. I don't know under what processing is mine because i was not handed any information.

Pls everyone, give some insights in my situation. Thank you very much.

Btw, Congratulations to those who have received progress with their status. It's give hope to everyone else still patiently waiting.

Summary:
                                Date interview: Dec. 6, 2010
                                Brought to Fraud Prevention Unit: Dec 6, 2010 (after my interview with the consul)
                                Asked to come back to submit documents at FPU: Dec. 13, 2010
                                Passport is not returned to me
                                Handed document by consul: Brochure regarding rights of foreign employees in US.

Thank you again. God bless everyone! I'm hoping the best for all of us!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X