Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Received by Uscis for review

Hi All,

On 23rd Nov I received a letter from Us consulate that my case will be sent back to USCIS for further review, and my case is suspened and no more handled by US Consulate. and on December 6th I saw the following update in USCIS.GOV site.

On December 6, 2010, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Can someone let me know can I use premium processing to speed up the process for the review, and generally how long does the process takes. Will Uscis deny or revoke my H1 or will they send any RFE to my employer.

Thanx
    Shriss

Check with your employer / attorney how this can be handled? This is the worst scenario US consulate is doing with candidates. Whole fees/time you spent with USCIS in getting approval, is wasted. Even if your case is cleared from USCIS depending upon premium processing, you again need to apply for VISA from consulate, which may do same review and delay giving VISA. is this your first VISA or extension? if extension, then one should not come back from US untill emergency. If first time, then keep your finger crossed and when you get VISA, you can fly then.

Comment

@chander:

Its my first time H1...its F1 - OPT - H1, I heard that there is no premium processing for these type of cases is that true, and USCIS said that it would take about 120 days for them to respond back.

Comment

I dont know if no premium processing is available for such cases. but for normal cases, yes this is the time line now days. if no premium processing available then there is no way other than wait. be stuck to ur current job in india if you have. If not then find one and do it will you get VISA in hand.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X