Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport not received by VFS- Delhi Consulate

Hello Friends

Probably this question would have been asked before many times. But I am facing a weird situation here with VFS and US Embassy in Delhi.

My interview was on Nov 30th 2010. VFS website says that they have not received the passport yet. My interview was smooth, 1-2 questions, and VO said I will receive my passport in 5-7 days. They did not tell me anything else.

When I call VFS they ask me to email them at helpline emailID. After I email I get a standard copy-paste reply. When I call Delhi US consulate, they have a automated reply directing everyone to call VFS. How much more stupid this can be !?!?

I have to travel by 15th Dec now. Not sure what to do.
    Any helpful directions? or anyone stuck in same situation?

Also my passport has a valid visitor visa from other country (not any red alert countries). Is this a reason for delay in visa processing.
    I am getting very tensed with all this. Please help.

Comment

Sometimes it takes a little longer for the consulate to stamp the passport and hand it over to VFS. Just be patient and wait for few more days considering this is a holiday season.
      If you don't get it back in another week, then probably the case would have gone into admin processing post the visa interview.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Its common in some cases

Check my other post having similar case. I submitted my passport to VFS on Nov 26, received by embassy on Nov 29. Still I havnt received. My ticket was on Nov 28 and then after submitting passport I rescheduled it on Dec 5 but when I didnt get VISA then I have cancel at last. Its 12th business day I havnt got my passport back. I replied back to embassy on same mail in which they have asked for my passport. They said my case is for pending review. It may be PIMS verification or something else. Cant say where get stuck but its usual now days to get delayed. if your details are in PIMS DB, you will get in 2-3 days but if not then it may take some where from 9 - 20 business day provided they dont send your case back to USCIS for any further review. Wait till 13-14 and if not received then reschedule your visit.

Comment

Did you get your visa? When

When did you get your visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X