Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Renewal / Travel

Hi,
    Currently am in India and my H1B expiring by 4th May 2011. Can i travel to US one week before the expiry and apply for extension in US? One week is enough for apply extension or is it better to apply extension while in India itself and go for stamping?

If i apply for H1B extension while in India, how long will it take for approval?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Giri
    Last edited by tkvgiri; 12-10-2010, 10:17 AM. Reason: editing subject

You can enter and apply for extension.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Your application for extending the status should reach USCIS before the I-94 expiry date. If you can prepare all the required doucments ready (from your side as well as the employer's side), then you can enter and file for the extension immediately. Sometimes it takes time for the employer to arrange all therequired documents. If you cannot file the extension on time (1 week is kind of too close), then an extension is not possible and the time spent after the I-94 expiry date will become illegal stay.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X