H1B transfer or new H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer or new H1B

I have a H1B from company A with validity till Oct-2011. I resigned from that job and returned to India in Sep-2009. Now I want to get back to US and I am curious that if I need to work for a new company then whether it would need a simple transfer of visa as H1 is still valid or whether I would have to go for a new H1?

If I would have to go for a new H1 then would that come under the cap or it would be exempted?

Please comment.

Thanks in Advance

I have a H1B from company A with validity till Oct-2011. I resigned from that job and returned to India in Sep-2009. Now I want to get back to US and I am curious that if I need to work for a new company then whether it would need a simple transfer of visa as H1 is still valid or whether I would have to go for a new H1?

If I would have to go for a new H1 then would that come under the cap or it would be exempted?

---- You can do either of them. You can trransfer your H1 as it is still valid and you are within the 6 year period

---- You can also apply for a new H1 as you have been outside the US for more thatn 1 year

---- Either way the fees and application process reamins the smae

----- You may consuklt an immigration attorney to ensure that you are doing the right thing

Subramanya

Comment

You haven't mentioned how much time you have spent on the old H1B. Since you have already spent 1 year outside U.S, by applying a fresh H1B petition, you are eligible for a new 6 year term. If you use the old CAP, you will get only the remaining unused term in that H1B.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X