H1 B Interview. Very strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Interview. Very strange

My interview was completed on Dec 02 2010 for H1B. But it was very strange.

She asked me about which Company(US), Degree, Total IT exp and responsibilities?

When I telling my resp..She stopped and told me that the US company is not good. Its not a better company for you. You are a qualified H1B applicant, but the sponsor is not good.
    You have two options 1) Withdraw petition 2) i will ask you a lot of docs and I don't know when your file will cleared. May be more than 8 months.
    Until then you cannot file a new petition.

Then she convince me by saying, you have good exp and education, why don't you withdraw petition and apply for new sponsor.

Then I said Okay and she gave me one form and asked me write a note saying that "I am withdrawing my petition. No one forced me to do this". Then I came out.

Now I called my petitioner....He said, this is the first case like this...I have 80 GC holders and I have unpaid wage reports and everything. If you want, I can give everything.

And my question are -
    1) My H1 B Petition was withdrawn or Visa application was withdrawn?
    2) If my VISA appoint was withdrawn, Can I go to embassy and ask VO that, I checked with sponsor and he have all the docs and he is not violating any law?
    3) Can Embassy people have rights to withdraw or revoke my H1 petition at USCIS.

Please help me? If possible, I will attend interview again. Please reply me ASAP. Thanks in advance.

1. H1b
    2. NA
    3. Yes, Consulate can revoke a petition.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

They are telling this to lot of candidates specially to small companies when they couldnt find company details handy on their systems or see any query / question on company in past from INS. Its my assumption though I am not sure what is rational behind this. I was told like this and many others. I was asked for few docs with 221(g) but wasnt asked to revoke my petition. In my opinion, you shouldnt have agreed to w/draw petition. whatever you mentioned that she talked to you means she talked to you for a while. May be you could say that I cant decide at moment and need to think on my career as well if I w/draw I cant go back and dispose my stuff in US (If you were applying for renewal of VISA). If it was your first time then anyway you could say I will provide document and wait for 8 months. Atleast it was better than nothing.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

Thanks for your reply. But they returned original i 797. Still they can revoke petition with out original i 797?

Comment

Your original I-797 is not required. They will have a soft copy of all the approved petitions in their system and that is good enough.

Originally posted by vneerudu View Post
          Hi txh1b,

Thanks for your reply. But they returned original i 797. Still they can revoke petition with out original i 797?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
            Is there anyway to stop withdrawing my petition either by my employer or by me?

Comment

No. Have the employer sponsor a new petition under the new cap.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Which consulate you went for interview?
                Originally posted by vneerudu View Post
                My interview was completed on Dec 02 2010 for H1B. But it was very strange.

She asked me about which Company(US), Degree, Total IT exp and responsibilities?

When I telling my resp..She stopped and told me that the US company is not good. Its not a better company for you. You are a qualified H1B applicant, but the sponsor is not good.
                You have two options 1) Withdraw petition 2) i will ask you a lot of docs and I don't know when your file will cleared. May be more than 8 months.
                Until then you cannot file a new petition.

Then she convince me by saying, you have good exp and education, why don't you withdraw petition and apply for new sponsor.

Then I said Okay and she gave me one form and asked me write a note saying that "I am withdrawing my petition. No one forced me to do this". Then I came out.

Now I called my petitioner....He said, this is the first case like this...I have 80 GC holders and I have unpaid wage reports and everything. If you want, I can give everything.

And my question are -
                1) My H1 B Petition was withdrawn or Visa application was withdrawn?
                2) If my VISA appoint was withdrawn, Can I go to embassy and ask VO that, I checked with sponsor and he have all the docs and he is not violating any law?
                3) Can Embassy people have rights to withdraw or revoke my H1 petition at USCIS.

Please help me? If possible, I will attend interview again. Please reply me ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Mumbai

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X