Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt regarding rescheduling visa appointment

Hello

I had scheduled for a visa appointment on 3rd Jan 2011 at the Chennai Consulate for H-1B stamping. However, I discovered an error in the State of Residence I had chosen while making the appointment and so I canceled the appointment scheduled on 3rd Jan 2011 and scheduled another appointment for the same day i.e. 3rd Jan 2011 but this time with the correct state of residence.

However, when I rescheduled my appointment, I used the same CAEC barcode as I had done for the first appointment. Do I need to fill out a new DS160 form if I cancel my appointment and schedule it again?

Please let me know.

Didn't the new application give you a new barcode? Talk to VFS helpdesk to see if they can help.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I did not fill up a new DS160 application. I just canceled my appointment and took a new one. Since there is no change on my DS160, I felt I don't need to fill it up again. Do I need to fill up a new DS160 and submit it if I just reschedule my appointment. Please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

If you haven't filled a new application, then you are good. Anyways, talk to VFS helpdesk to make sure everything is okay.

Originally posted by ssjgoku View Post
        I did not fill up a new DS160 application. I just canceled my appointment and took a new one. Since there is no change on my DS160, I felt I don't need to fill it up again. Do I need to fill up a new DS160 and submit it if I just reschedule my appointment. Please let me know.

Thanks
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Here is the reply VFS Chennai gave me

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing us.

Kindly note you can carry the same DS 160 application form to the interview and explain the officer the same.
          I even called them up and they confirmed that if there is no change in my DS160, I can use the same DS160 form after rescheduling the appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X