Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risk for H1B Stamping - colleague's visa rejected

Hi,

I need to visit India for a personal family occasion. However, a week before I was about to leave for India, my employer told me that some other employee from his company, got his visa stamping rejected after getting 221g.

After submitting the papers, he received a letter stating that "we cannot establish a concrete case, details would be sent your employer" (I am not sure of the exact words, that's what my employer told me)

Now, my concern is that whether I have a higher risk of my visa being rejected.
    Reasons for my concern:
    1. Another employee of my employer got a rejection, and I am not sure if it could be related to my employer
    2. My employer has shown on my petition that I work for an in-house project for a client, is that a bad case?
    3. Is it true or just some widespread panic about rejections for H1B stamping nowadays

also, it is a desi company which has an office in Hyderabad too. They have some 150 employees including india and US. I have been working in the US for 3 years on multiple projects. I have been in and out of the US 3 times. I have 5 years of experience.

I am just hoping that all the users of this forum could help me evaluate the risks involved.

Thanks a lot!

I need to visit India for a personal family occasion. However, a week before I was about to leave for India, my employer told me that some other employee from his company, got his visa stamping rejected after getting 221g.

After submitting the papers, he received a letter stating that "we cannot establish a concrete case, details would be sent your employer" (I am not sure of the exact words, that's what my employer told me)

Now, my concern is that whether I have a higher risk of my visa being rejected.
    Reasons for my concern
    [*]Another employee of my employer got a rejection, and I am not sure if it could be related to my employer

---- Each individual case is differenct adn each case will be considered based on indidual merits. One decision will not affect another and refusal for one person from the same employer does not carry any meaning for the next employee. If your documents are inorder adn you respond to the quesries by the VO in a confident manner, you should be able to get the visa stamped on your Passport and return to the US
    [*]My employer has shown on my petition that I work for an in-house project for a client, is that a bad case?
    As long as the employer can defencd the position and ensure that you have employment on a regular basis, you should be fine. Everything else is a minor issue
    [*]Is it true or just some widespread panic about rejections for H1B stamping nowadays

---- All and any news about rejections is always a rumor and you do not have to pay attention tho these rumors. Be yourself and present yourself in the best possible manner

also, it is a desi company which has an office in Hyderabad too. They have some 150 employees including india and US. I have been working in the US for 3 years on multiple projects. I have been in and out of the US 3 times. I have 5 years of experience.

---- Utilise these number of years of experience to your benefit and rest assured you should get your visa and return to the US

I am just hoping that all the users of this forum could help me evaluate the risks involved.

---- There is no risk involved excepting your mindset adn your imagination

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Subramanya.
      When you say,
      "---- Each individual case is differenct adn each case will be considered based on indidual merits. One decision will not affect another and refusal for one person from the same employer does not carry any meaning for the next employee. If your documents are inorder adn you respond to the quesries by the VO in a confident manner, you should be able to get the visa stamped on your Passport and return to the US"
      My concern is that if the other employee's H1B is rejected because of issues with the Petitioner not able to legally prove employment. Then it would affect me too, right? Petitioner's issues are also individually assessed?

I am going to try to the other employee and really get to know the reason for his rejection.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X