Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa holder Passport renewal - New York

dear all sr.
    I sent my renewal of passport application to New York consulate with Original passport and notarized documents:

Delivered, December 10, 2010, 4:17 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10065

but still nothing heard from consulate and even this consulate people not pick-up the phone , I called lots of times. trying to get on reception, passport section. 5times email to passport secion, 3times to consulate section but no reply. I guess this people are dead? worst consulate even today is 25th December 2010 , 15days passed I still dont get my passport renew. I sent express mail from USPS. all form are perfect, H1B visa is also stamped on the passport.
    please guide me that what to do if consulate is not reply to my renewal application?
    please share experience if anyone applied for passport renewal at this new york consulate (sorry at worst consulate).
    Thanks lots.

Take a chill pill and relax. It is hardly 15 days and more over this is a holiday season. What was your appointment date. It takes 3-4 weeks to get the passport back from the date of appointment.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Take a chill pill and relax. It is hardly 15 days and more over this is a holiday season. What was your appointment date. It takes 3-4 weeks to get the passport back from the date of appointment.
      ohh appointment date was 10th december 2010. but the consulate people are not reply email or phone.

Comment

Well, as mentioned in the earlier reply, it will take anywhere between 3-4 weeks from the date of appointment. Wait until then and if you don't receive your passport by that time, then contact the Indian embassy. Also, check to see if the cheque that you sent has been cashed. If so, then your renewal is under process.

Originally posted by italianjob View Post
        ohh appointment date was 10th december 2010. but the consulate people are not reply email or phone.

Comment

At the End I got call from consulate person, he speak completly south indian tone he told me my passport will ready nearly about 12th of january 2010, we will send back to you by usps which usps stamp cover sent by me.
          but this consulate takes >1month. San Francisco , Washington , chicago issue passport within 7days only (as per my friends conversation).
          hey guys if you think New York Indian consulate issue renewal of your passport within 7days or 2-3weeks please dont trust them. I know this time is holiday time but not for Indian consulate, the Consulate already mentioned holiday list and in December 2010 holiday list is just 1 holiday are there. I hope people will take action against the work process of this consulate, in Texas huston people angry on Huston Indian consulate they are also same slow as New York Indian consulate.

Comment

2-4 weeks in the normal procesisng time. It is the same in SFO consulate too. It is much better compared to the time that takes in India. If your friend got it within 7 days, then he should just consider himself lucky to get it processed so quickly. Renewing passports is not the only job that a consulate does. They have plenty of other work and it is still the holiday season where people take vacation. Not sure what the hurry is to ge it renewed within a week. Anyhow, you have 1 year to get the passport renewed from the date of it's expiry.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
              2-4 weeks in the normal procesisng time. It is the same in SFO consulate too. It is much better compared to the time that takes in India. If your friend got it within 7 days, then he should just consider himself lucky to get it processed so quickly. Renewing passports is not the only job that a consulate does. They have plenty of other work and it is still the holiday season where people take vacation. Not sure what the hurry is to ge it renewed within a week. Anyhow, you have 1 year to get the passport renewed from the date of it's expiry.
              whatever but its not long vacation for Indian consulate, I have to send my passport and it should be atleast valid for 1year is the term of Australian PR visa, so I need it to extended , and my passport will expiered November 2011. so I must need to renew it, the hurry is Australian visa office give me some days to submit our PP's. anyway Thanks and yes, SFO consulate website says its 1week for renewal.

Comment

Well, people are ready to wait for unlimited days without knowing the status of the visa in Admin processing but when it comes to the Indian consulate, the rants and cussing continues for couple of weeks that it takes and is already widely known. Patience people!

Why should the consulate bend over and accomodate you because you want it for Australian PR and have not done the HW early? This is busy season for consulates due to holiday travel back home and is bound to take longer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X